Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sharp aquos lc-c5255u vertical bars bad panel or tcon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharp aquos lc-c5255u vertical bars bad panel or tcon?

hi guys, just looking for some input from a few fellow "sparkchasers" (and yes I will update the outcome lol) I have a sharp aquos lc-c5255u that i'm working on for an older person (trying to save them a buck or two) that has a couple of vertical bars (as seen in the pics) all voltages on the psu check out ok, and yes vertical bars are showing over the osd witch leads me to believe it may be a panel failure. just trying to rule out the tcon. so with that in mind all input will be greatly appreciated. thanks and have a blessed day.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by electrodude71; 02-09-2014, 01:17 AM.

Re: sharp aquos lc-c5255u vertical bars bad panel or tcon?

High chance that panel is bad there - only saving grace would be that I have never seen a modern Sharp with a bad panel so could be a bad connection going to that part of the panel (one of the first FHD 100/120Hz panels so done a little differently.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

If the tabs and TCON are at the bottom, I have had two sets in that config. with liquid damage.

Comment

oh yea I have also cleaned and reseated all connections

Comment

anybody???

Comment

anybody what?? Seems like you've got your answer above.

Comment

Yes, if connections have been cleaned, I would say bad panel. Sorry.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

it was a bad panel as suspected, tried with known good tcon with same results, case closed. thanks

Comment

oh and I have good parts if anybody needs anything for this set

Comment

Working...
                  X