Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E172FPb

i found the for sure problem

my "replacement" transistor's ground plate thing is discolored... that tramsistor toasted itself.

sounds like i need to buy the right transistors.

this look ok:

a LONG url

I can't find that transistor or the other one in the kit anywhere else...

i never checked the fuse but it looks as if I better get a multimeter (my old one is in somebody else's possession right now). does the fuse in the kit look ok (same specs other than the voltage, the stock one is 250v, this one is 125)?
    Last edited by ratdude747; 07-24-2011, 11:42 PM.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
      i found the for sure problem

my "replacement" transistor's ground plate thing is discolored... that tramsistor toasted itself.

sounds like i need to buy the right transistors.

this look ok:

a LONG url

I can't find that transistor or the other one in the kit anywhere else...

i never checked the fuse but it looks as if I better get a multimeter (my old one is in somebody else's possession right now). does the fuse in the kit look ok (same specs other than the voltage, the stock one is 250v, this one is 125)?
      Wow!!! Lots of things to cover. As you have discovered, the best source of the transistors is on eBay. If you examine the board, you will see each transformer has it's own pair of C5707 transistors and FU9024N transistor. Definitely replace both C5707s for this transformer, and I would urge you to replace the FU9024N also, it took a current surge. It shouldn't be necessary to replace the other set if they aren't shorted. And unless the fuse is open, there is no point in replacing that.

By the way, the voltage rating of a fuse is the voltage it can interrupt. This circuit handles 12 volts, so either a 250V or 125V fuse is more than adequate.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
        Wow!!! Lots of things to cover. As you have discovered, the best source of the transistors is on eBay. If you examine the board, you will see each transformer has it's own pair of C5707 transistors and FU9024N transistor. Definitely replace both C5707s for this transformer, and I would urge you to replace the FU9024N also, it took a current surge. It shouldn't be necessary to replace the other set if they aren't shorted. And unless the fuse is open, there is no point in replacing that.

By the way, the voltage rating of a fuse is the voltage it can interrupt. This circuit handles 12 volts, so either a 250V or 125V fuse is more than adequate.

PlainBill

the kit was cheap enough as it is; at $5 a kit, since this is only one unit I am servicing, the cost is negligible. without my trusty multimeter I am kinda helpless to test things...

I will order the kit and see what i can do.
        Last edited by ratdude747; 07-25-2011, 03:21 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

the kit came in today.

I didn't fuss with the fuse. otherwise, I replaced all 6 transistors.

it works again.. knock on wood.

lesson: with transistors, replace like with like.

i guess that makes my first LCD job a success?

edit- video quality isn't too shabby. my friend will be happy that he gets his monitor back in working condition
          Last edited by ratdude747; 08-01-2011, 02:59 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

still running well... no issues.
            sigpic

Comment

este tipo de monitores siempre se le queman esos transistores npn, la solucion mejor es cambiarselos todos, los transistores de monitores de 15 puden servir, los que son 5706 funcionan perfecto, ya los he probado

Comment

in english?
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X