This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

i joined this website so that i may be able to post my questions concerning the TV repairs that i do on a regular bases, but i am not able to post new threads. When might i be able to start posting?

Comment

Hello everyone,
      I have been fixing and building computers ever since I was in high school. Recently encountered an issue with my monitor. I took some electrical classes in high school, so like any self respecting DIY'er I refuse to take it to a technician and fix it on my own.

Thanks
      Himanshu

Comment

Hi , people !
        First of all , excuse my poor english , I am working in electroniks field from 1980 , making guitar effects , power amplifiers, measurement units and after high school working in my own TV service , repairing many elektroniks from home , cars and industry . Here I found very good information from mate , thank you , the site is great , helpfull for me .

Comment

Hello!

I've been looking for info on fixing an older Dell monitor (2007WFP). I've already found some good info here on badcaps.net, so I decided to register so I could see pics and post replies.

Comment

Heeeyyy everybody!
            So I'll not delve into too much detail about myself. I love DIY and if I can fix it myself I will. Aircraft electrician as a day job but also interested in component repair. Starting having trouble with my TV and came here looking for advice. Already found a ton of great info so hopefully I can resolve my issue and not have to send my broke stuff off to the landfill. Anyway, pleasure to be a part of a knowledgable forum. Looking forward to learning
            Cheers!

Comment

Hey all. Benn building and fixing computers for over 10 years as a hobby. Even low level repairs on boards like caps. Now getting into a new and exciting realm, fxing tvs. Hopefully I can learn something new and share my knowledge.

Comment

Hello,

Fixing and doing low level IT repairs since I was 13, and computing since my 8th.
                Fixing multimedia since my 16th. I've never bought a tv in my life . Currently using a Sharp Aquos 40" and a LG Flatron 42" monitor as TV, for free!

Comment

Hi, I am Irwin from Australia. I have been into electronics since I was very young but I still want to continue learning and sharing technical info with others who share the same passion as me.

Comment

Hi, Johan from Finland. Not really into electronics but enough so I can fix simpler things. Mainly here to get some advice on more difficult things. Now my TV is broken so :-/

Comment

Greetings to all.
                      I'm b.ben,a retired trucker getting into TV repair.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm here to get some help fixing my tv.

Comment

Noobie new to the forum

Hi All,

New guy here, and looking to tap into your expertise to help fix my mother-in-law's tv.

Best,

S

Comment

Hi,

I'm here because our Samsung LN55B650 broke and I found the best info here.
                            I am almost clueless on detailed elec repair but I have a mech engineer son and our last child is getting his elec engineering degree. And I have a friend who knows his way around a multi-meter (Yep I'm that ignorant).

No known power surges, no other events we know of, and all we have is the standby light which may turn off if you use a remote. Otherwise no signs of life.
                            Bunch of rookies here so feel free to chime in!

Thanks for the forum.

Comment

I have a broken monitor and want to know if I can fix it myself.

Comment

Hello Badcaps.net. I am a single mom trying to tackle home repairs and need help from experts like you.

Comment

Hey everyone! My name is Matthew, and I'm brand new here. I've come across this forum looking on how to fix my Samsung plasma (which is still broken ), and decided to stay. I've been a technology junkie for over 20 years (since I was 8 years old), and want to keep going on this path. These smilies are like crack, and I gotta stay away from them.

Hope everyone is well.

Comment

Well I figure I may as well introduce myself, lol. I am Andrew and work at Volume Electronics. Ive been tinkering and working with electronics and computers ever since I was about 5 or so. Please dont hate as I do not have a formal training in electronics; I think learning through experience and from the guys who have worked in the business for years will teach me more than any university could ever in a classroom. I love what I do and love my job. I would not trade it for the world!

Comment

Hello, I am in the Twin Cities area, I have been an electronics enthusiast for many years, a dim Dell monitor got me here and the place looked cool so I signed up.

Comment

Hello! I'm Matt from Erie, PA. Just wanted to say hello!

Comment

Hi, I'm Jason from Vancouver, WA. My TV stopped working and I'm hoping to find some answers. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X