Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, rev4.0 "problems"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, rev4.0 "problems"

First of all - hi, guys. This is my first post, I have browsed the forum a while to see other users' experiences, but decided to ask a question in here, I hope you can help. I have carefuly read Tomcat's rules and I hope I am doing everything right.

The board is a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, rev.4.0). OK, I know this board is quite old for these modern day PCs, but I use this PC for everyday use, not much for gaming, some work, and all I need for it is to work fine and reliably.

OK, here is the potential problem.
    A few weeks ago, I have noticed a strange "whine-like" noise coming from the PC housing. These are the conditions when it happens:

1) When PC is turned ON, everything is fine, BIOS POSTs normally, Windows starts to load, and just when the screen with Windows loading logo is to disappear and a blue Welcome screen to appear - then the niose starts. It last maybe half a second, but is a highly pitched one and it can be heard very clearly. It happens everytime at the point right before a Welcome screen is to be displayed. The PC loads after that normally most of the time (though it happened several times it simply shut the monitor off saying "No signal" and I could clearly hear that Windows continued to load - I can hear the login sound and all the HD activity), but the screen remains blank. Sometimes it simply restarts on its own.

2) If the computer has started normally and did not freeze or halt, then there is a new possibility for that same noise to be heard; when HD is doing some certain task (I do not know what they are, could be a self-defragmenting thing or Windows doing something). Anyway, when that "state" is achieved the noise is heard and it follows the blinking ot the HD Activity LED (when the LED is ON and HD is doing somethin, the sqeeling noise is heard).

So, I opened the case to inspect what is going on in there. A few days ago, I bought a new PSU and it is a SeaSonic SS-660KM. I thought that the noise was triggerd by a faulty or a failing PSU (the previous PSU was really old and not that much of a quality), but the noise is still present. I have also tried two different graphic cards and the noise is still there. I was thinking the noise might be coming from the GPU because it regulary happend when Windows was loading, switching from DOS's (Windows loading screen)resolution to the Desktop one (Welcome screen), but clearly it is not that.

By listening carefuly every time the PC booted up, I narrowed the area down around the CPU socket as a source of the noise. My GA-8IPE1000-G board has two Nichicon 6.3v 1500uF (HM)M caps sorrounding two very small caps in between them, which are yellow and so small I can't read the data on them. Anyway, neither cap looks deformed nor bulged. The board is exactly like the one on the posted image.

PC is clean and very well taken care of. There are no dirt or dust deposits, that is regulary being cleaned off. I relly have no idea what else could it be, but the board serve(d/s) me well and now I feel like it is a time bomb, waiting for something to blow.
    Could the failing cap be the source of this noise which apparently is a bad thing because PC doesn't boot normally from time to time?

Thanks in advance for any reply, guys. I hope I (we) will get to the bottom of this "mistery".
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UserXP; 04-14-2012, 08:54 AM.

Re: Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G, rev4.0 "problems"

Welcome to the forum!

The whining is causing by vibrations at certain frequencies. What can vibrate in the computer are transformers and inductors (coils).

Near the processor, you have four large inductors which are working together with the capacitors near the cpu socket to provide smooth, quality power to the cpu. You see, the cpu runs at about 1.1-1.4v, but the power supply gives the computer only 3.3v, 5v and 12v so the circuitry near the cpu socket takes 12v and generates whatever voltage the processor wants.

Sometimes, that insulated wire that goes around the magnetic core (the ring) can get loose as the glue goes old and hardens so the wire starts to vibrate against the magnetic ring. At other times, the soldering is not so good so the wires that go into the motherboard can give unreliable connections (this is unlikely to be your case).

Another thing that can happen is for the capacitors to go slightly outside specs as they get older or they're subjected to lots of heat. The capacitors and inductors work together, so when capacitors go bad, the inductors can be subjected to more stress therefore causing that whining.

I can see on the board that you have some capacitors near the coils labeled KZG - in the past, this series of capacitors from United Chemi Con had a manufacturing flaw, they screwed up the ratios of chemical substances inside so these capacitors get bad sooner than the other series from this manufacturer (which is a great one otherwise).

Now technically, the newer capacitors from the KZG are not supposed to have this flaw anymore but in reality, the people who fix computers and components still see this KZG series and KZJ series (they have similar chemical substances inside) fail more often than others.

So in your case, it could be possible that those KZG capacitors are slowly going bad (they're still within specs or within acceptable tolerances so your system doesn't reset or crash) and they're causing some stress on the rest of the components delivering power to the processor.

If replacing those capacitors doesn't help, the whining could potentially be stopped by applying some silicone glue on the coils to prevent them from "scratching" against the magnetic rings.

Comment

First, thank you very much for your reply, mate. :-)
      Hm... a thing about the coils if it was the case - why would they make that noise at those specific times and occurancies, and not all of the time? It's heard every time before a Welcome screen, but surely CPU would require the same certain amount of power before or after that.
      The board did not make these problems before, but as I mentioned, the previous PSU was not good - could it be that the PSU itself damaged those circuitary on the board?
      I have read on several occasions about the whininig noise, and if it was coming from the coils, usualy it was more persistent. Also, some would say it is not a big deal if it's coming from a MB and not from a PSU, other than the sound it produces. But since my board exibits this strange behavior at the cost of Windows not being able to load sometimes, I guess it can't be good.
      Internal case temperature is around 30*C. I have a Pentium 4 Northwood core at 3.06GHz on that board which is properly cooled, it is around 36*C at idle and about 43*C while doing something, so the caps were not exposed to excessive heat. And they look good - but, if that series you were talking about has a built-in flaw, maybe they are actually going bad without showing any visual deformation?
      Anyway, replacing those caps could sure be more easy than those coils. In fact, if I could replace the caps and the noise goes away, than that was the problem. I am still trying to tightly find the source of the noise, as there ar many soldered components and caps around the CPU and I only have a window of maybe half a second to hear that noise, so it would be good to know which one to replace (but the iregular noise occurance makes it more difficult to find out). But, at the risk of sounding stupid, can a failing capacitor make such whine/squeel noise?
      Last edited by UserXP; 04-14-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

The whining will vary based on the load of the processor and the voltage the motherboard receives from the power supply.... which reminds me I forgot about the power supply as well.

A power supply's role is to deliver 3.3v, 5v and 12v... but the way the power supplies work is by delivering something as close as possible to those voltages.

Depending on how the power supply design works, the output voltage varies a bit depending on the load the power supply has. The power supply may output 12.4v when there's little load on 12v (for example 50 watts) and it goes down to 11.9-12v when the load increases to 50-70% of the load it was designed for.

So for example, when the computer is starting and you're basically in text mode, the video card uses little power so the power supply delivers 12.4v but as the computer goes into graphics mode or you start some game, the voltage goes down closer to 12v or even under 12v.

At some specific voltage and amperage combination, the inductors can start to vibrate, causing that noise.

Comment

So, from your reply, the answer to my question if a failing capacitor can make a noise - the answer is "no", only coils and inductors can make noise in some circumstances.
          But what do you think, why this started to happen recently, while I still had the old PSU? The board worked without a hitch (and noise) with it for years, and only recently started to produce this noise. When the new PSU was introduced to this board (and I must say, the SeaSonic SS-660KM PSU looks like "rocket science" compared to the old generic one) the noise is still here and it sounds the same, and happens the same way. So new PSU only solved part of the problem, because the PC is now more stable than it was with the old PSU, but it looks like it "left its mark" on the board while it was still powering it. :-/
          Which of the caps surrounding the CPU socket do you think I should replace to see if that would make the difference? The ones "in a row" or some other(s)? I also noticed that the remaining, smaller caps around the board are all Luxon made. But again, not even the slightiest bulging or other damage is visible on any of them.
          Last edited by UserXP; 04-14-2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Replace the KZGs, they can fail without any visible signs. The old PSU could have been sending too much ripple to the motherboard, stressing the caps out even more.

Comment

That could be worth it. Which brand do you suggest, should I go and try finding a Nichicon ones, or maybe a Rubycon... which one is durable and more of a quality?

Comment

Nichicon HM/HN/HZ ... hz is great if you can find ,
                Rubycon ZL* (zlj, zlg, zlk....), maybe rubycon yxg/yxh/yxj if you use the 16-25v rated ones instead of 6.3v rated, the ones rated 6.3 are too low spec ,
                Panasonic FM/FR (same story, for example FR 3300uF 10v has specs close to that kzg 3300uF 6.3v)

Just watch the diameter, make sure you can replace the ones you have (which I think are 10mm diameter x 25 mm height. From the picture it looks like you may be able to fit 12.5mm ones or even larger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                  Rubycon ZL* (zlj, zlg, zlk....), maybe rubycon yxg/yxh/yxj if you use the 16-25v rated ones instead of 6.3v rated, the ones rated 6.3 are too low spec.
                  I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand what did you mean by "too low spec". Does that mean that 6.3V Rubycon caps are not up to the challenge for this board?
                  I searched eBay a bit, and have found some caps that could do as the replacements. Maybe this question of mine will sound dull, but is Nichicon the same brand as NCC (is NCC some sort of abrevation for the name Nichicon)? I ask this because I have found several offers where it says it is Nichicon capacitor, and then in the description it says it is, for example, a NCC KZJ series capacitor. Is NCC same as Nichicon?

Also, is it safe to put a capacitor which has a higher operating V/uF rating? For example:

The board has a factory installed 6.3V, 1500uF cap. Can it be replaced:
                  1) with a 16V, 1500uF capacitor, or
                  2) with a 6.3V 3300uF capacitor?

What must be respected at all costs, the "uF" rating or the "V" rating, and between the two, what is allowed to be higher and what is not?
                  Last edited by UserXP; 04-15-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I meant those particular series from Rubycon (YXG, YXH, YHZ) are series designed for computer equipment, but they're not quite as high end as the other ones ZLJ, ZLG, ZLK which actually have specifications better than KZG.

So you can use those ZLJ, ZLG, ZLK as direct replacements, but those series starting with Y are not quite there, if you pick exactly the capacitors rated for the same voltage. In a series, generally the higher the voltage rating, the bigger the capacitor dimensions and therefore the better the specifications.

Here's the datasheet for KZG:

As you can see it says the 3300uF 6.3v one is 10x25 mm, 0.012 ohm impedance, 2800mA ripple.

Looking at the YXG series from Rubycon :

You can see the 6.3v rated one is : 12.5 x 20, 0.035 ohm impedance, 1900mA ripple, so about 3x the impedance which is bad and about half the ripple value which is again bad.

However, if you pick the 3300uF 16v rated one which is bigger sized at 12.5 x 35mm, you can see it has 0.020 ohm impedance and 2880mA ripple. The ripple is ok and the impedance is still a bit less good than KZG, but it's within the acceptability range. Think about it like this ... if the KZG are going bad, very often the impedance will go up to 0.3-0.5 ohm and the motherboard will still go on happily... so 0.012 vs 0.02 won't really make any difference.

So the 16v rated one is good enough, but the downside is that it's 12.5 x 35mm - 12.5mm diameter may mean it won't fit on the board in the place of the old 10mm one, and the 35 mm of height may cause problems with some coolers. Doesn't look like it would be the case with your board.

So the basic ideea is that if you can't find something good that would meet or exceed the KZG specs at 6.3v, you can choose something that's designed for higher voltage.

The KZG series is not made by Nichicon, it's made by United Chemi Con, which is a subsidiary of Nippon Chemi Con - hence the NCC short.

I wouldn't recommend buying the same KZG series capacitors, this series and the KZJ have a bad reputation.
                    Last edited by mariushm; 04-15-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

mariushm, thank you very much for your help so. But, I think I might have made a mistake when posting those images. The images were taken from internet, resembling a close look to my board, but it looks like some caps aren't the same. I though that the same board of the same model and revision will have same components - but I gues it does not.

Therefore, I have opened my case and removed the board from it. I couldn't make any picture because my camera is not with me at the moment. But, I have copied those ratings data from every cap on the board, so here they are:

Right next to the CPU are:
                      2x Nichicon, 6.3V, 3300uF, black sleve with white lettering, markings are HM(M), 1058C, H0521;
                      2x unknown maker capacitors with yellow coloured sleeve with black lettering and "K" shaped vents on top of them: I couldn't see all sides of the sleeve because the cap is to short highted, but its ratings are 2.5V, 820uF;

Near the VRMs are:
                      3x Nichicon, 16V, 1500uF, black sleve with white lettering, markings are HM(M), 105*C, H0522;

Scattered across the board are:
                      13x Luxon, 6.3V, 1000uF black sleve with gold lettering and
                      6x Taepo, 10V, 100uF, black sleve with white lettering.

These are the EXACT markings, sorry for any earlier misleading. There isn't a single capacitor marked with KZG or something similar.
                      Also, none of them looks damaged. However, I noticed that all Nichicons stay a bit tilted to one side, as if they have been soldered that way (it's like the "-" side of the cap was not pushed all the way down towards the PCB, so maybe thats how they stand).

The noise comes from the area where the Nichicons HM(M) are. Their diameter is 10mm, and I think a wider capacitor will not be able to stand even tightly right to the next such one, there won't be enough space between the "sockets". Height of the capacitor is not a problem because the cooler does not cover the caps, it's simply stands beside them.
                      As soon as I get my camera back, I will post pictures of the actual board.

In the meantime, considering the diameter and ratings of the caps, I will have to narrow down the choise.

mariushm, you suggested Nichicons HM series, yet, these already are HM series. But, if the problem is beeing cause by a failing capacitor, any new one will certanly rectify the things, even a bit.
                      Last edited by UserXP; 04-16-2012, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update, don't worry about it.

The H0521 and H0522 are date codes - year 2005 and week 21/22. Nichicon had an issue with the HM capacitors and recalled the ones manufactured between 2002 and 2004 but capacitors made in 2005 or later are supposed to be good. So I don't know - maybe others from this forum that repaired more boards could chip in.

I don't know what to say, those HM capacitors might be bad but the same could be said about those yellow ones (which I guess they're Ltec or Lelon, these usually use such colors for their capacitors).

Keep in mind there's no guarantee that be replacing them you'll get rid of the whining so normally, at this point I wouldn't recommend messing with the board unless you have access to a esr meter to determine if the capacitors are going bad.

The Luxon scattered around the board I assume are near PCI slots and the AGP/PCI Express ... if you had issues with pci cards or video card crashing often that would indicate these Luxon capacitors could be bad.

Luxon is not a good brand, but if they're not subjected to heat or used with power hungry devices, they should be good for a long time. Same with Teapo - those small ones are probably used when powering stuff like on-board network card or sound.

Comment

Yes, you are correct. The Luxons are all near PCI slots, memory slots and AGP slot. Actually, I did have a few "problems" with one AGP video card. There are three Luxons near the AGP slot. This card works OK until drivers are installed. Then, Windows will load Desktop only to the point when nVidia Control Panel taskbar icon is to be loaded - and then the computer will restart on its own immidiately. And so it would do several restarts, until at one point the icon will load. After that, no more restartings and PC is working fine again. It's as if something is sressed too much when all those settings are to be loaded with the taskbar icon, and the PC simply restarts because something didn't stand the stress. The card is Leadtek 7600GT and is fairly not used much. I have a Gigabyte 7600GS which is currenetly in the computer now and it does not give such behaviour.
                          I do possess quite good soldering skills, however, I'm not that much familiar with the electronics and data as you are (I am a reailmodel collector, so my soldering skills are limited to soldering parts, capacitors, diods, light bulbs and wires - but all in a small and tight places, so soldering must be proper and professional). So unslodering the old ones and soldering back new capacitors would be a piece of cake work. But ESR meter is something I do not have, and probably wouldn't know what it is showing to me if i had it. I probably wouldn't know how to recognize what reading is what, and what is not normal for a specific capacitor.
                          The PC is the only computer in the house and is frequently used. Moreover, I do not have a spare one on which to check datas and manuals while this one is being put apart for a repair.

There are two solutions possible: either buy a complete set of rated capacitors for this board and replace them, and hope it will be the end of problem.
                          If not, then replacing a complete board, which will be far more expencive as I would need to change the CPU, RAM, GPU and everything else that is socket-dependent. :-/
                          Last edited by UserXP; 04-16-2012, 05:22 AM.

Comment

So far, I have found a store that has all of the 5 different rated types of caps for my board. They are all SANYO, some are WG series, some are WX, and the smallest ones (2.5V, 820uF) are OS-CON SEPC caps.

The other choise is to use all Rubycons. Some would be ZL series, while rest can be either MBZ or MCZ (the store does not have all the Rubycon caps from the same series).

Which "set" would be better, or maybe a combination of the two? :-)

Comment

The two yellow caps that I couldn't make out the readings from... well, this is how the reading look like. Please take a look at the attached photo: it is a stock photo, and the only difference is in the voltage ratings (the one in the photo is 6.3V, while the ones on the mobo are 2.5V). It has this underlined "F" letter on them. Which brand is that?

Regrading the replacement, please take a look at these sets and advise which is a more dependable one:

Nichicon (but I could not see on the stores's photo what is the date code):
                              6.3V 3300uF, HM series;
                              6.3V 820uF, L8 series;
                              16V 1500uF, HD series;
                              10V 1000uF, HM series;
                              16V 100uF.

Sanyo (same story, could not confirm date codes):
                              6.3V 3300uF, WG series;
                              2.5V 820uF, SEPC series;
                              10V 1000uF, WG series;
                              10V 100uF, WX series.

Or any combination of the Rubycon MZB ones? I know are out of production, but are they OK?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by UserXP; 04-16-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

The F is from Fujitsu - they mostly make polymer capacitors nowadays and it's a good brand.

Stick to series that are in production....

Sanyo WG is no longer made, Sanyo sold their electrolytic capacitors factory and it's now renamed to Suncon (the owners are some of the old employees of that factory or something like that)

Rubycon MBZ is no longer in production, you have no way of knowing how good they still are.

HD is too weak specs wise. L8 is polymer, replacing electrolytic with polymer caps works but not always.

You should easily find Nichicon HM, HN, HZ, Rubycon ZL* , maybe UCC KZE,etc... ah but I just realized you're in Serbia... I assumed you can use farnell.com to buy the capacitors but I don't see them selling to Serbia.
                                RS Online I believe will send to Serbia but what would work for you is 12.5mm or larger on their site: http://int.rsdelivers.com/catalogue/...50|PI-1|PS-25|

If you can afford the 8$ international shipping fee, this site actually has Nichicon HZ (3300uF 6.3v) and Rubycon PX and Samxon RS (these 3300uF 10v) but all 10mm diameter and very good

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=142
                                https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=162
                                https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=57

Hmm... as a last measure... I don't usually do this but if you're interested I guess I could mail you a few Nichicon HZ and you can paypal me the postage costs and the price I paid for the capacitors (2$ envelope and stamps and 1$ each capacitor)... I bought about 50 of these a couple of months ago from Digikey.com so they're new and good.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the help and additional info. Well, after my last two posts, I kind of made my options narrowed down as to which brand to use (based on your very helpful suggestions and what I managed to actually find and read user experiences with each). I am thinking the caps to be either Nichicons or Rubycons. But the problem is the "set". If I choose Nichicons, I would like to buy from the same place (because that way everything would go on the same shipping cost). I watched the BadCap's store, even there there aren't all types of same brand capacitors for my board (at least not at the exact ratings).
                                  You have provided me with the links only for the 3300uF caps, but I would also like to change the 2.5V 820uF (these two are u must because they go right next to the CPU and probably need to be changed the most) and 16V 1500uF caps also,, as well as all the Luxons on the board which are rated 6.3V 1000uF. It would be great if all these four type of capacitors could be bought from the same place, preferably the same maker and series. I have read in the data sheet that Nichicon HZ, as well as Rubycon ZL series all have at least these four ratings type capacitors. The only problem is findig a supplier that has all of them at the same place/store and can ship them to me.
                                  Your offer is also very appriciated, and quite honest. ;-)
                                  Do you happen to have the other three types of capacitors lying around unused, or have a suggestion where to get those genuine quality ones?
                                  Last edited by UserXP; 04-17-2012, 04:42 AM.

Comment

The 2.5v are almost sure polymer capacitors or functional polymer capacitors (a hybrid between electrolytic and polymer) - if it's polymer these rarely go bad, because the most often cause for capacitor failure is due to liquid substance inside drying up or reacting with the poor quality aluminum casing and foils inside.... and polymer capacitors don't have liquid substance inside. The functional polymer do have some electrolytic inside.

As your yellow ones have a vent mechanism on top (the "k"), they're probably functional polymers.

You'll have a bit of a hard time finding those as like i said, because they don't die often people like me don't keep them around and as they're also small diameter you won't find electrolytic replacements for them.

Badcaps, as I do, hand picks the capacitors that have the best specifications for particular diameters and heights. If there's 3 good reliable brands and a brand offers a series of capacitors with better specs and smaller diameter, you obviously pick that brand. It's not really important to have all capacitors from the same manufacturer.

I have Nichicon HM 1500uF 16v and they were about 0.75$
                                    1000uF 6.3v Nichicon HM I have about 20 pieces, bought them at about 0.6$
                                    The 100uF capacitors are not worth replacing, it's unlikely they cause problems but if you insist, i have Panasonic FR 100uF 16v at 0.35$

I checked farnell.com because I have an order pending there and thought maybe I could get those 820uF 2.5v but they don't have in the UK stock any polymer ones - only Rubycon ZLH or Panasonic FM 820uF 6.3v which are not good enough to replace polymer capacitors (don't get me wrong, they're some of the best electrolytic capacitors but polymer capacitors usually have about 2-3 times the specs of electrolytic capacitors)

Ah, Badcaps actually has polymer capacitors in the store, here you go :

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=76
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=77

here's 1500uf 16v:

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=139

and 1000uF 6.3v:

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=169 (10mm wide)
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=154 ( 8mm wide)
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=165
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=131
                                    Last edited by mariushm; 04-17-2012, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Nope, I have removed the smalles ones from the list, only the caps arround the CPU (all three types) and all of the 6.3V/1000uF ones scattered across the board.

OK, there it is, I didn't know that these yellow were polymers. I was looking at the sam capacitance but for electrolitic ones.
                                      So, all 6.3V/3300uF can be Nichicons HZ, all 6.3V/1000uF Nichicons HZ, 16V/1500uF Nichicons HZ series, and 2.5V/820uF should go as polymers.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                                        Rubycon MBZ is no longer in production, you have no way of knowing how good they still are.
                                        mariushm, I hear you about this... however, living where I'm living, I have almost no option for good-branded capacitors to choose from, especially for recaping the PC motherboards. Everything must go via internet, and as soon as I find something - payment or shipment turns out to be unsupported for my country.
                                        However, yesterday I have stumbled upon an eBay offering through a friend of mine where MBZ Rubycons could be acquired. By looking at the datasheet for the MBZ series, 6.3V/3300uF has the same specifications as the same Nichicon HM (which the board currently has), 16V/1500uF is also the same with the Nichicon HM counterpart which the board also currently has (all are equal in terms of ESR, Ripple and Size between the two caps respectively)... However, there is no mention of the Rubycon 6.3V/1000uF version in the MBZ datasheet, yet it is also listed in the offering. This cap has an authentic dark blue sleeve with golden letterings like the other two mentioned above, a "K" vent, and it really looks like a genuine Rubycon. Is it possible that maybe the datasheet that I was looking somehow wasn't updated and Rubycon actually added this cap to the MBZ series at some later point?
                                        Or am I looking at some really good "copy" of these Rubycons, because I think they are to be shipped from Hong Kong (the seller, however, has a very high score and 100% positive feedback, so it looks good)?

I am just considering to respect the Gigabytes choise of capacitors and go with Nichicons, or use these MBZ Rubycons which have the same ratings and specifications... I hope I'll get some reply from Tomcat, but in the meantime, I am doing some "homework" and research of my own. If he does reply, than I'll see what he can do, but these MZB are kind of a last (and currently only) result at the moment - considering availability.

Here are the mentioned Rubycon MBZ caps:

6.3V, 3300uF:____16V, 1500uF:____6.3V, 1000uF:
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by UserXP; 04-18-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X