• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: toshiba regza no picture

Originally posted by S2udio View Post
    Yep spot on,

For PC

Install Zeus ,right click on the HTML ,file open with Internet Explorer ,
    Allow Active X Control ......job done,If it still don,t open IE's security level is to high... lower it !

Btw got another board for my 37"........Board is marked 32,
    (sticker in one corner)
    Similar result as the pics above, except mines definately been on acid !!
    Wuhow trippy
    Using the manual config guide...bloody confusing ,and i am not new to this..
    And hours of trying to program my 32 board with the correct codes,
    In the service mode selected 37av555 (LG screen)
    Displays all settings correctly,save by switching off and .......
    Yes back to 32AV555 settings ..arrgg
    Then swapped the dead board 37 eprom to the working (sort off) 32 board
    SAME result...it loaded up the 32" settings.......????
    Conclusion 1
    the main config settings are not stored in that eprom,(ic151)
    It only stores user settings.
    Conclusion 2
    You cannot swap 32,37,OR 42 ,boards..they are flashed on manufacture,(that maybe stored into an onchip flash rom on the micro).
    Note the white sticker on the board 32 or 37
    Just bought a cracked screen 37 on ebay for £40..
    Cant be arsed to spend anymore valuable time on this one !!
    So can owt be done with this kel tool to change owt?

Comment

Originally posted by sienoki View Post
      Are you studying at leeds uni for a term or just a flying visit?
      I drive the 56 bus route outside the uni & headingly..pm me when you come i owe you a few beers for helping us out on a few sets
      I'm studying a 4 year MEng Electronics Engineering course. (Sadly, I don't drink beer - It's not a religious thing, I just don't like the stuff... )
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yep spot on,

For PC

Install Zeus ,right click on the HTML ,file open with Internet Explorer ,
        Allow Active X Control ......job done,If it still don,t open IE's security level is to high... lower it !

Hope the following clears a few mysteries up

Got another board for my 37"........Board is marked 32,Vendor said it was from a 37...wrong.
        (sticker in one corner)
        Similar result as the pics above, except worse .....mines definately been on acid !!
        Wuhow trippy
        Using the manual config guide...bloody confusing ,and i am not new to this..
        And hours of trying to program my 32 board with the correct codes,
        In the service mode selected 37av555 (LG screen)
        Displays all settings correctly,save by switching off and .......
        Yes back to 32AV555 settings ..arrgg
        Then swapped the dead board 37 eprom to the working (sort off) 32 board
        SAME result...it loaded up the 32" settings.......????
        Conclusion 1
        the main config settings are not stored in that eprom,(ic151)
        It only stores user settings.
        Conclusion 2
        You cannot swap 32,37,OR 42 ,boards..they are flashed on manufacture,(that maybe stored into an onchip flash rom on the micro).
        Note the white sticker on the board 32 or 37
        Just bought a cracked screen 37 on ebay for £40..
        Cant be arsed to spend anymore valuable time on this one !!
        Has any 1 else had any experience with these eprom chips for stored data..ive read about attaching wires to 2 legs then when attached it resets or can i swap these chips over?..but which ones?

Comment

I have a post somewhere tells you how to do this but I dont think it will work for your problem. It is usually done where the data on the has become corrupt
          and it wipes it . The data is also held on a non writable chip which then loads back onto the eeprom. (At least thats what I think - no doubt someone will correct me if wrong)
          In this case all that would happen is that it would re-write what it already has it would not change from 37 to 32. Anyway it always seems risky you could brick it.

After you did the changes did you do the key "9" selftests.

Also have you unplugged or switched off at mains then on again so that it reboots? after making the changes.

You would think there was someone on the forum who had changed screen size in the service menu??? How about a separate post asking just that. ( not that I am usually in favour of separate posts) Not everyone will be following this thread but they might have done it on a vizio as some of those boards seem interchangeble.
          You could head it up "Main board swap - change screen size in service menu???"and say what you have done so far.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I have done all of the above !

If you study the schematic there is a toshiba service socket on the PCB,
            With only a couple of pins connected ,USB data a+b +gnd,
            This is where the firmware is flashed (I think ?)
            But that would need the propriatry toshiba software and (bin)files.
            I worked for a tosh CRT TV service dept about 10 years ago and there were loads of grumbles then about people playing with service menus ,
            Rendering their sets useless !!
            I think they have locked that down so non Tosh techs cant play with the config,
            And have long lost any contact with fellow techs I worked with.
            Make a worker telly from two different screen size doners !...Clever Toshiba says no!!
            Anyway I tried every thing i know to get the board to save the configuration.
            And no joy even though you could test the screen modes as per manual,
            Another 37 arriving tommorow so i will post back how the (new) boards
            test out !
            Last edited by S2udio; 04-23-2012, 10:17 AM.
            Most of the time things ain't what they seem to be

Comment

I worked for a tosh CRT TV service dept about 10 years ago and there were loads of grumbles then about people playing with service menus ,
              Make a worker telly from two different screen size doners !...Clever Toshiba says no!!
              test out !
              Been googling abit & came across this info attached..if we could find where to purchase this (KEL)board & obtain the bin files then maybe might get somewhere..i know its only for sound issues but surely it would reflash to factory settings
              Attached Files

Comment

test out !
                Did you get your set fixed fella?

Comment

Well yes ..and no
                  Not expecting much.......
                  The 37 I got off ebay for £40 turned up, reportedly working with no image and shading in ,
                  One corner of the screen....Powered it up and...it works fine ! ?

(jammy bugger)

No evidence of the reported fault ,although after a few hours of use.
                  The sound has slight odd low freq rumblings...and the PSU noise increases
                  In comparison to a cold start.......Badcaps are Suspected !
                  Not taken the back off yet to have a swap fest ,to test what good/bad,
                  Boards i have in total
                  At least I now have a worker and if lucky can do some AV board tests to
                  find the original AV board non return psu signal power problem.

Busy with other stuff at the mo so will have to wait for a play.
                  Last edited by S2udio; 04-28-2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Well yes ..and no
                    Not expecting much.......
                    The 37 I got off ebay for £40 turned up, reportedly working with no image and shading in ,
                    One corner of the screen....Powered it up and...it works fine ! ?

(jammy bugger)

No evidence of the reported fault ,although after a few hours of use.
                    The sound has slight odd low freq rumblings...and the PSU noise increases
                    In comparison to a cold start.......Badcaps are Suspected !
                    Not taken the back off yet to have a swap fest ,to test what good/bad,
                    Boards i have in total
                    At least I now have a worker and if lucky can do some AV board tests to
                    find the original AV board non return psu signal power problem.

Busy with other stuff at the mo so will have to wait for a play.
                    What you doing with that 32" model board?...mines watchable with contrast set at 0 but was hoping to sell it on..thx

Comment

What you doing with that 32" model board?...mines watchable with contrast set at 0 but was hoping to sell it on..thx
                      Sorry m8 returned to seller for a refund,which he gave me el pronto..
                      I am sure that was faulty as well .

Comment

Sorry m8 returned to seller for a refund,which he gave me el pronto..
                        I am sure that was faulty as well .
                        Let this set go for 75quid with the fault so i still made a decent profit..every penny counts when youve 3 kids..
                        S2udio if you require any parts for your 37" let us know as its just sat in shed..screens no good & no main board..

Comment

Got hold of a 37av55d model with smashed screen for 25quid cos the mainboards are the same..fitted board into 32" and the picture comes on but its not right..i can only discribe it like in the film predator the different visions the alien has..theres nowt loose so i dont know what to try..the only way to nearly have a good picture is to turn the contrast to 0 & thats in every mode ie dynamic/movie etc..
                          I must be bored, I'm reading historical threads LOL.

Sorry to drag this from the depths guys but if anybody has this problem after replacing a main board in an AV555 or similar (with a board from a different size) drop me a message.

I've fixed more of these Toshiba Regza's than I care to mention and, more importantly, I have a Kel Tool! Bought it for a tenner from someone who didn't know what they had. Recently I bought a 32AV555 for 25 quid because it had a 42AV555 main board in it. I pulled out my Kel Tool and my pen drive then - two days later - sold it for 150. I don't mean to brag, but owning a Kel Tool is like holding the key to the pearly gates

Comment

HI all

Got an issue with mine but very different. It work but only with many lines as if someone hit it very hard but after few minutes (15-40mins) the lines go away and the tv works perfectly. Anyone knows why?
                            Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...898#post561898

Eprom swap...maybe it`s useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X