Dell E198FPb 19" LCD Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell E198FPb 19" LCD Monitor

When Connected to a Pc is works but it Flickers to different Color Tints,Green,Blue,Red constantly. Could anybody tell what might be wrong with it or what to check for.

Re: Dell E198FPb 19" LCD Monitor

Originally posted by soulripper View Post
    When Connected to a Pc is works but it Flickers to different Color Tints,Green,Blue,Red constantly. Could anybody tell what might be wrong with it or what to check for.
    Open it up, check for bad capacitors on the power supply / inverter. Check for bad brands of caps (check the FAQ for a list of 'replace on sight' caps) on the signal card and replace any that are suspect. Check the voltages out of the LDO regulators on the signal card.

If you need further instructions, take pictures of the top and bottom of the poser supply / inverter and of the top of the signal card. Well lit, sharply focused pictures of at least 1000 x 1000 pixels are desired. Attach them using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area. Do NOT post them inline.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Ok, will do thanks.

Comment

I have open the Monitor and quite a bit is looking bad so decided not to persue this repair. not really looking to spend so much Money on parts.thanks for you're interest but it seems is not worth my time.

Comment

Originally posted by soulripper View Post
          I have open the Monitor and quite a bit is looking bad so decided not to persue this repair. not really looking to spend so much Money on parts.thanks for you're interest but it seems is not worth my time.
          Ahh, how much money do you think it will cost? If you do a complete recap, you are looking at about $10 for caps and shipping.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Is more than Caps other things look bad I mean over all it would be 65% of board.Yes I just orders some Caps for my HDTV that I found it was cheap $10.99 shipping included.the only thing that looks good is the Screen itself.

Comment

It would be a good idea to post a picture. Some things that look bad aren't problems.

Comment

Take my word for it most of it mainly mini transistors burnt halve way or the solder on th other side brown or black.not going to post picture for something so obvious as not to know myself is burnt it even smells that it fried.that would be doubting my own Intelligence.Besides burn is burn regardless and I already discarded of the Board, like I said thanks for you're help but Damage is too obviously Bad. I found this just wanted to see if it was a second chance.

Comment

Working...
                X