Cintiq 21UX with slowly worsening image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cintiq 21UX with slowly worsening image

I bought a PSU-less Cintiq 21UX last year for $40 and after I got the power issue fixed I hooked it up and noticed that I had a few wonky lines but otherwise it was fine.

I ran into driver issues with the PCI card that was driving the screen so I unplugged it and I forgot about it until today when I was cleaning my desk. With no power being applied the screen went from okay to unuseable.

I suspected that possibly the ribbon contacts to the screen had failed but if that was the case I should be seeing the artifacting remain the same when I change resolutions. It does not.

With the power supply being external there isn't much logic inside the screen. The video PCB seems to revolve around one BGA chip.

Does the original Cintiq suffer from ROHS catwhiskering or is this something else?
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Re: Cintiq 21UX with slowly worsening image

Clean & reseat all removable cables.
    Only appear to be a few electrolytic caps on main board - change them?
    Check voltage regulators?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Okay, I'll give that all a try.
      Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Comment

If I were going to bet on something I'd say a bad/oscillating voltage regulator, or bad RAM (that Samsung chip.)
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X