X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PS50C6500 no video but sound

This a possible match?
    http://flattvparts.co.uk/index.php?m...ducts_id=13417
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It's the C variant not the A variant, ask for a picture. It may be absolutely fine but I could not confirm.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Oh and since the screen lights up and all pixels work fine, you can say the screen is 100% good. So I'm pretty sure they were making that up.

Comment

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, never noticed it went onto a second page.

Anyway here's what I put in my last post:

After some searching I found this bn94-03359a, its a bit expensive but its the only one I've found so far.
          I've managed to find a similar board on Ebay, but instead of it being a BN94-03359A it says K at the end but it looks exactly like the board on my TV just a different colour Ebay.

What do you think Tom66? Would appreciate your input as I can buy the Ebay one with relative ease.

The Ebay one looks very promising.

I sent a message to flattvparts.co.uk asking for an image so lets see what they say, hopefully they get back since its the cheapest
          Last edited by vicousvern; 01-11-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Or this one:

See, I do not know. The "A" or "C" or "K" indicates a minor revision. I do know some compatibility issues between boards but none particularly for this model. You could always try to buy from a seller with a good returns policy, that way you would only be out of postage one way, about £2.20 second class.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Or this one:

See, I do not know. The "A" or "C" or "K" indicates a minor revision. I do know some compatibility issues between boards but none particularly for this model. You could always try to buy from a seller with a good returns policy, that way you would only be out of postage one way, about £2.20 second class.

i have brought a main board from this company before good service good price

Comment

Yea the one on flattvparts seems good, I might ask if its possible to return if its the wrong item, at any rate I've messaged a few sites in regards to the part I need. I will update you guys if they get back to me and I'll have hopefully bought one, thanks.

Comment

Also, ask them to upload a picture.

Comment

Still no reply from any of the sites yet, however the seller from Ebay said it might not work but going to see if they are willing for me to try it. Upon further inspection of the image for the listing, the silver box where the aerial input is, is larger on the Ebay board. Think this could be a problem? Otherwise apart form the colour difference the boards are identical.

Comment

Quick update: none of the Ebay sellers are willing for me to try the board which is understandable. So I contacted Samsung which forwarded me to an official repair shop in Manchester. Rang them up and they can order the part and quoted me £150, which seems a bit steep but it should be the exact part I need.
                      Other than that, the other online shops havn't even gotten back to me as of yet, so dunno if I should risk getting the K variant from Ebay or just get the one from Samsung?

Comment

http://flattvparts.co.uk/index.php?m...rd=BN41-01448A
                        i would ring them direct was good when i needed help with a mainboard 01329 825 403

Comment

It depends whether you can justify the cost. Does the Samsung store offer a refund process? I still think FlatTVParts should get back to you, as they have it marked for your model.

Comment

I think I'll ring that site soon like vince suggested. No idea if Samsung will refund, doubt it as they have to order it for me.

Comment

Ok rang them up and the guy said that there is no guarantee it would work but he would be happy for me to try it and return so long its sent back within 7 days. I presume 7 days will sufficient enough for it to arrive, test it and return if needed the same day.

Comment

thats good then if you send it back hopefully you wont need to just make sure you get it signed for postage just in case they say they have not received it back just covers you. mine board came about 2 or 3 days after i ordered it online.

Comment

Just looked at the broken part in my TV and I found a sticker on the actual board covering the code. The original code "BN94-03359A" was on the top of one of the input ports, the new code on the actual board itself says "BN41-01448A". Which as it turns out is the same as the part I just ordered from flattvparts: Samsung PS50C6500TK - Main AV - BN41-01448A - BN94-03359C.
                                  Since the codes for the main board are identical I'm guessing it has a better chance to be the right part. As the other code was just on the expansion slot input which I never used anyway.

Can't believe someone put a sticker over the code, I didn't even know what I was looking for in the first place probably why I overlooked it.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by vicousvern; 01-15-2013, 08:03 AM. Reason: Added image

Comment

Paid an extra £4 for 2 day delivery just to be safe, and will be returning it just as fast if required, but hopefully not!

Comment

BN41 is the "PCB" code.
                                      BN94 is the "PBA" code.

The "PCB" code is for the blank board which may come in any number of "PBA" configurations. For example one more or less HDMI, which you could probably live with, but in some cases configured for different plasma driver/control board, which would mean it would not work.

You should always order by PBA.

Now sometimes the suffix is important, other times it is not. For example that suffix could indicate a bug fix to the software has been applied, or different in store/factory settings. Both of those would be fixable.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. Like I mentioned in my first post, I'm completely new when it comes to TV repair, so apologies for being a bit slow with these things.

At any rate I'm still optimistic about the part I ordered, even if it doesn't work the kind people at flattvparts will allow me to return it, in which case I'll just order the part from Samsung. Should find out in a couple of days and will update straight away, I presume I connect it up and if it works, great, if not return it? Can't see there being anything left to do other than order the part elsewhere.

Comment

Guess my optimism paid off, it works!!!

That part from flattvparts arrived really quick, popped it in and it works like a charm, what's even better my TV now has HD channels, which it didn't have any before.

Would like to say a massive thank you to Tom66 and Vinceroger69 for both your help and advice I am immensely grateful.

I wish you both all the best and I will recommend this site and your help for anyone in the future and I'll of course come here first myself, so happy.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by vicousvern; 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM. Reason: Added image

Comment

Working...
                                          X