Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

digitalstream dtx9950/15-150 bad "jl" caps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digitalstream dtx9950/15-150 bad "jl" caps.

this unit less than a year old. it started puzzling even on strong signals and had noise in the rf out since new.
    a neighbor bought it with taxpayers money via one of those $40 cards.
    i expect there will be a ton of these dieing off soon.
    too bad there was no minimum durability standard required for coupon eligible units!
    this plastic heap of shit brought to you by radioshack!
    Attached Files

Re: digitalstream dtx9950/15-150 bad "jl" caps.

I guess you are right about the durability standard for coupon eligible units, especially in the electrolytics department.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Re: digitalstream dtx9950/15-150 bad "jl" caps.

I bought the all digital version (no analog pass through) last year around May and it had Daewoo caps on the PSU.

I replaced them all with Panasonics.

I couldn't resist opening the unit even though it was working good thing I did.

A very simple switcher utilizing a garden variety TOP IC.

Out of all the converter OSDs I liked this one the most.

I bought it for the hell of it with a coupon just to see what these boxes were all about.

I'm sure the new boxes still have that annoying ssssssing in one of the channels when receiving Dolby audio right?
      Last edited by Krankshaft; 06-14-2009, 09:23 PM.
      Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Working...
      X