Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster 2493hm supposed video issue

As the title indicates I have a 2493hm,

before I post pictures i just wanted to bounce this issue off some of you guys. I'll mention that I've been unable to find anyone with the same issue as this one.

What happens is that the monitor will work just fine for about 15 minutes then the image will flash and then it will start to cycle through the inputs (digital, analog, hdmi) it will stop briefly(2 minutes) on the HDMI show the proper image, complain about the resolution then continue the cycle.

I thought it was something screwy with the power supply so I went to digikey and replaced all the caps excepting the big one with Panasonic's with slightly higher voltages.

where do I go from here oh gurus of capacitors!

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 2493hm supposed video issue

Originally posted by AgtORANGE View Post
    As the title indicates I have a 2493hm,

before I post pictures i just wanted to bounce this issue off some of you guys. I'll mention that I've been unable to find anyone with the same issue as this one.

What happens is that the monitor will work just fine for about 15 minutes then the image will flash and then it will start to cycle through the inputs (digital, analog, hdmi) it will stop briefly(2 minutes) on the HDMI show the proper image, complain about the resolution then continue the cycle.

I thought it was something screwy with the power supply so I went to digikey and replaced all the caps excepting the big one with Panasonic's with slightly higher voltages.

where do I go from here oh gurus of capacitors!
    Digi-Key carries 9 different series of capacitors. 6 of them are unsuitable for the out filter in an SMPS. Which ones did you use?

Going with a higher voltage is unnecessary, and can cause problems fitting the new caps.

You take pictures and attach tem using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

With those odds Bill I'm sure I screwed something up
      let me assure you I have very little idea what I'm doing.
      I had done some homework on the sight here but probably not enough

here's what I ordered
      P12366-ND EEU-FM1C102
      P10257-ND EEU-FC1C222
      P10305-ND EEU-FC1V102
      P12415-ND EEU-FM1V471
      P13138-ND EEU-EB1J100
      P13140-ND EEU-EB1J2R2
      P5581-ND ECA-1JHG470
      P10338-ND EEU-FC1J220

Comment

Originally posted by AgtORANGE View Post
        With those odds Bill I'm sure I screwed something up
        let me assure you I have very little idea what I'm doing.
        I had done some homework on the sight here but probably not enough

here's what I ordered
        P12366-ND EEU-FM1C102
        P10257-ND EEU-FC1C222
        P10305-ND EEU-FC1V102
        P12415-ND EEU-FM1V471
        P13138-ND EEU-EB1J100
        P13140-ND EEU-EB1J2R2
        P5581-ND ECA-1JHG470
        P10338-ND EEU-FC1J220
        Actually you didn't do too bad, although other choices would have been better. The FMs would be the preferred caps; the FCs will work well. The two EBs are a poor choice, but should work at least for a few hours. The NHG actually has respectable specs at first glance. When I don't want to spend a lot of time selecting EXACTLY the perfect cap to make PCBONEZ happy I choose Panasonic FR, FM, or FC in that order.

When I read the symptoms I thought it would be more likely that the problem would be on the signal board, or possibly even a bad switch on the control panel. Pictures are in order. Sharp, well lit, and attached using 'Manage Attachments' - below the test entry area.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
        X