Acer G215H ABD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer G215H ABD

Screen Turns on, only has a sight line at the top that shows the desktop or any kind of view. backlight does come on.

sometimes the LCD will come on for a few mins and show the full screen then shut off to stand by.

please note i picked this project up from someone else.
    Attached Files

Re: Acer G215H ABD

It appears that you have a leaky capacitor on the main board. (c706, blue capacitor in the 6th picture)
    I suggest you replace it and also the the other blue capacitor. (c702)
    My schematic shows both are rated at 100uf @ 25 vdc. Replacement capacitors are available here: Badcaps.net
    Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Comment

replaced those LCD comes on and has like a blackish white background, no picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Vizor View Post
        Screen Turns on, only has a sight line at the top that shows the desktop or any kind of view. backlight does come on.

sometimes the LCD will come on for a few mins and show the full screen then shut off to stand by.

please note i picked this project up from someone else.
        Replaced every single Cap on the main board screen turns on and stays on very small line at the top that's white then fades out within a few secs and totally backlit screen. can't see options or dvi single or anything on the monitor.

Comment

This really sounds like a problem with the panel board. This is a long, narrow board that runs across the top of the LCD panel. It may be hidden by a metal cover. A picture of the back of the LCD panel would be appreciated.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

seems that the board is bad and somehow the connector was broke. guess i will see how much a replacement is.

Comment

Originally posted by Vizor View Post
              seems that the board is bad and somehow the connector was broke. guess i will see how much a replacement is.
              You will have to replace the entire LCD panel.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
              X