• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skywell sht on dell/nvidia agp

they missed the i on this series!
    Attached Files

Re: skywell sht on dell/nvidia agp

Hahaha... Ironically, that's a Sanyo Oscon right by them. WTF were they thinking putting a good Sanyo on there with those skywell ones?? The "SHT" name on them sure is right though..

Comment

skywell polymers on the asus 6600gt
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

At least my dell AGP card has SAnyo WG lytics. it, however has Skywell polymers ): getting a 6600 GT anywys once I have $$$ fro that and a PSU upgrade.
        The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Hey,
          I just ran across this thread and wondered if it might offer a clue on my card problem. I have a GeForce 6600GT OC, fan powers on but no video signal. Tested on three systems. No visibly bad caps but it does have 2 Skywell SHT 330uf 16V caps. I thought I might try a repair but if not, it does have a very nice gpu cooler and chipset heatsink that would work elsewhere.

Thanks,
          Bill

Comment

Skywell caps in Leadtek Winfast 6600GT

One day i was running 3dmark03 just for fun, and the card freezes. Reboot the system and, haha! No image on the monitor. The card never comes back to life.

In the image are almost seven skywell caps. Strangely, they have no vents :S so i cannot tell if they are ok.

And, ironically, like the dell/nvidia agp, a Sanyo cap stands with them

Comment

New member here. Imagine my surprise to join the forum to ask about this same card. Mine is also out of a Dell, was able to ID it as Nvidia FX5200 with 128mb of ram.
              What would be a good replacement for these SHT caps and what would be a replacement as a poly?

Comment

Nippon Chemi-Con PS* for anything up to 16v (that's the highest voltage rating you're likely to find).

Comment

Thanks for the reply. A fellow tech from where I work had a stash of caps from some motherboard repairs and I traded him a couple of cards for enough Hitano EXR of the correct spec to do two cards. Have done one and it is running like a top. Will probably add a fan to it so that it will run cooler.

Comment

Working...
                  X