PLASMA LG 60pc1d Flash on cold start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLASMA LG 60pc1d Flash on cold start

this is a 2006 LG 60pc1d Plasma TV....first time ever I open an plasma tv and....OMG!!! so much thing in it!!!! So I found one bad caps that I changed. But the problem is still there

the tv, on cold start, flash vertical red line for about 2 min then the picture is ok

Any idea by where to start? seriously, this is soooooo much complexe than the LDC Monitor I normally repair

thanks

heres a video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upipmbyyx1k
    Last edited by Icitte; 04-29-2017, 09:04 AM.

Re: PLASMA LG 60pc1d Flash on cold start

Ya my advice. Put the back on pretend you never opened it up. Stick with repairing lcd
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      Ya my advice. Put the back on pretend you never opened it up. Stick with repairing lcd
      Well thats just shit aint it.....
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Its most likely more caps that are failed but have not blew up, replace all Samwha WB and WL brand capacitors on the power supply first.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Well that's just my opinion!
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
            Its most likely more caps that are failed but have not blew up, replace all Samwha WB and WL brand capacitors on the power supply first.

Since there is a LOT of board, can you help me to clarify which board is what

I mean, the one where the power cord go is the power board but there is only one HUGE capacitor, then, the wires goes to the central board, is that another power board?

thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

I repaired a bad caps on the power board but the problem is still there, I have tested the buffer board (http://blog.coppelltvrepair.com/2010...-lines-in.html) but they seem ok too...

Comment

What voltages are you getting? Are you getting vs va voltages? No then try disconnecting y and x mains and see if it turns on. Still no va and vs? then focus there,,, getting standby on powerboard?. Is mains sending on signal? Your va and vs voltage reference is on a sticker back of panel.

Looking at the back of set your y main is on left connected to buffers. On right is your x main , center is power board and mainboard is obvious and below the powerboard. The smaller board next to powerboard with all the flat ribbons going to it is like your tcon in lcds. Btw this plasma has a split power supply design hence 2 boards might be 3 hard to tell with fuzzy picture. I worked on a 60 inch vizio that has a tripple power supply design before.
                Last edited by heavymachines; 05-09-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X