Hooked up 12v fan to rework station causes power reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooked up 12v fan to rework station causes power reset

I have an IR6000 and i installed a 12v fan to it, it already has a 12v fan for the top heater so i simply cut the 2 wires and bridged them for the new fan to use for the bottom heater with the existing switch

The fan works just fine, however sometimes when i flip the switch the machine resets ie; it turns on and then off

If i leave the switch flipped on and turn the machine on the machine kind of pulses on and off until i turn the flip the fan switch off

Sometimes turning the 12v led off and back on makes it work, the 12v led is not on the same switch but its on the same enclosed power supply

The other components such as heaters and controllers are directly on 220v not going through the power supply

Re: Hooked up 12v fan to rework station causes power reset

It looks like an internal 12VDC 1A power supply for the two PID controllers, lamp, top fan, case cooling fan... Depends on the build you got.

I think there is no reserve to run additional load like your extra fan.
    Or the PSU (caps) is getting weak, it does run in a hot place.

You could add a big capacitor on the 12V output like 1,000uF or measure the current drain on the 12V rail, see if the power supply is undersized or not.

I don't know a lot about using this station, but adding a bottom fan will change the PID tuning for the bottom heater.

Comment

Re: Hooked up 12v fan to rework station causes power reset

That was my thought and your right about the PSU rating, it was just weird that it would reset the PIDs as well since they are directly 220v and not going through the PSU

All i had was a 36 ohm resistor so i tried that which worked and also reduce the speed obviously, so yep the PSU was underpowered

Thanks, case closed lol

Comment

Working...
      X