Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to choose a chinese/taiwanese/non japanese capacitor, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had to choose a chinese/taiwanese/non japanese capacitor, what would it be?

I personally would go with Su'Scon or Lelon. I prefer Lelon though, I do think they make pretty good caps.
    Popcorn.

Re: If you had to choose a chinese/taiwanese/non japanese capacitor, what would it be

epcos
    wurth
    vishay .
    others

Comment

Re: If you had to choose a chinese/taiwanese/non japanese capacitor, what would it be

Taicon, Teapo, samxon , wurth polymers, apaq polymers (and a bunch of other brands as polymer caps aren't that problematic as electrolytic capacitors), and then maybe Lelon , su'scon, aishi , elite

Comment

Cornell Dubilier, Illinois Capacitor

Comment

Teapo - Samxon - samwha - And maybe elite - aishi - OST - Ltec - jammicon - Lelon
          I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

The question is, why would I ever need to do that?

Anyway, Lelon good, are you kidding me? MAYBE polymers are not life-threatening to touch, but we 'lytics? Never.

Companies like Vishay are so erratic, they bought so many crap makers and you have no idea where does it come from and what the quality is. When they can make failing rectifiers, they can make anything.

I've also seen few failed Illinois Capacitors plus their MOQ policy is just like ill, no wonder they don't sell anything when they tell you MOQ is 100k pieces

Cornell Dubilier is most likely OK. Samxon is OK when you select right series. TDK/EPCOS are likely OK, and there are few others japanese brands many have not even heard about before
            Last edited by Behemot; 04-02-2017, 02:12 AM.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

I have some Illinois Capacitor's that look like they are made by Samxon by the markings on the capacitors.
              I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Hermei also seems to be slightly more decent lately…and there is Taicon, with partial Nichicon investment.
                Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Mine would be Jamicon, followed by Taicon then Lelon.
                  My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Never sus'con. They are the worst capacitors possible.
                    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
                    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

I replace Jamicons ALL the time in UPS. Mostly GP series, but still, crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                        The question is, why would I ever need to do that?
                        Because the heritage of the company does not matter. That's just ideological nonsense pushed by some not that informed people on the interwebs.

And yes, most chinese/taiwanese companys have way cheaper series than japanese and american capacitor manufacturers have...
                        And are judged by that...

Still, they also have better/good series in their lineup!!

So flaming a manufacturer becuase their worst capacitor series fails sooner rather than later is just stupid...

Comment

Oh and who uses an older Rigol scope?? How old is it? Does it still work?

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
                            Because the heritage of the company does not matter. That's just ideological nonsense pushed by some not that informed people on the interwebs.

And yes, most chinese/taiwanese companys have way cheaper series than japanese and american capacitor manufacturers have...
                            And are judged by that...

Still, they also have better/good series in their lineup!!

So flaming a manufacturer becuase their worst capacitor series fails sooner rather than later is just stupid...
                            I Couldn't agree more.

Comment

…and there is Taicon, with partial Nichicon investment.
                              I didn't know that.... learned something new.
                              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                              Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                              http://folding.stanford.edu/
                              Team : 49813
                              Join in!!
                              Team Stats

Comment

The facts are that reputable persons from more reputable manufacturers like TDK Lambda say that it doesn't matter where something comes from. Price and specs do matter.
                                And everyone that seems trustworthy in this regards says that japanese capacitors are used because they always used it...

Yes there are chinese companys that are just outright lying, but do you really think that applies to the bigger ones like su'scon, CapXon, Elite and the likes??

And if you can't say something about chinese people is that they didn't grasp capitalism. They have. More so than anyother people on the planet...

So they will make everything you might desire in the way you desire...

As for chinese vs. japanese caps:
                                Why don't we compare Teapo TA/TB/TC and ST against Nippon Cheimicon KZE?
                                Why don't we compare CapXon FH against Nippon Chemicon KZE?
                                Why don't we compare ltec LZF or LZR against Nippon Chemicon KZE??
                                Why don't we compare su'scon HG, HF or HGN against Nippon Chemicon KZE??

Because we might discover that the first ones may be better than the Chemicon KZE??

ANd why don't we stop comparing the worst of the worst one chinese company has to offer against the "mid range/higher end" japanese capacitors?

Like Teapo SC vs. Chemicon KZE. Of course the KZE series is better...
                                But what about the TA/TB/TC and ST series against KZE?
                                Last edited by Stefan Payne; 04-09-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
                                  The facts are that reputable persons from more reputable manufacturers like TDK Lambda say that it doesn't matter where something comes from. Price and specs do matter.
                                  And everyone that seems trustworthy in this regards says that japanese capacitors are used because they always used it...

Yes there are chinese companys that are just outright lying, but do you really think that applies to the bigger ones like su'scon, CapXon, Elite and the likes??

And if you can't say something about chinese people is that they didn't grasp capitalism. They have. More so than anyother people on the planet...

So they will make everything you might desire in the way you desire...

As for chinese vs. japanese caps:
                                  Why don't we compare Teapo TA/TB/TC and ST against Nippon Cheimicon KZE?
                                  Why don't we compare CapXon FH against Nippon Chemicon KZE?
                                  Why don't we compare ltec LZF or LZR against Nippon Chemicon KZE??
                                  Why don't we compare su'scon HG, HF or HGN against Nippon Chemicon KZE??

Because we might discover that the first ones may be better than the Chemicon KZE??

ANd why don't we stop comparing the worst of the worst one chinese company has to offer against the "mid range/higher end" japanese capacitors?

Like Teapo SC vs. Chemicon KZE. Of course the KZE series is better...
                                  But what about the TA/TB/TC and ST series against KZE?
                                  It's not just NCC KZE anymore either. I've pulled 3 graphics cards out of computers so far, all with bloated Sanyo WG. They didn't fail due to electrolyte failure. They failed because of heat. All of the ones I've encountered that failed were right next to the heatsinks. Meanwhile along with them were Panasonic SMD caps. They kept their capacitance in tolerance, however all had a ESR of .5 or higher. I opened them up and the paper inside seemed fine, not burnt. However, it was definitely dry and devoid of electrolyte.

Granted, these were old timey GPU's, but you never know, they could start failing.

Also, I had opened by printer's power brick because I thought it might be causing my printer to act up. It turned out to be fine, turns out shoddy ebay ink cartridges were making it a little loopy. However, it contained Su'Scon and Lelon inside of it, for the primary side, it had a Lelon 100uF 400V, and a Su'Scon 120uF, 400V. Then the rest on the PSU was the same, a mix of Lelon and Su'Scon. this is about 5 years old now, no signs of failure at all.

The reason I'm saying this is because I've notice two things with shitty chinese products:

If they contain a "decent" cap brand, usually they've used the lowest series of that model, and are almost definitely running it out of spec.

I've come across fakes of the crap brands. I've seen fake ChengX capacitors. ChengX caps, especially the primaries or larger can caps will have a series. I've seen lots of cheapy products with these caps in them, and they've got no series marking on them. The case size also doesn't match up with the case sizing of the PDF chart.

I haven't seen this much, but I have seen it and it's quite interesting. I'm honestly wondering if there are fakes of the trash caps out there.
                                  Popcorn.

Comment

And you think that chinese crap would survive even so long as these Sanyos and Panasonics did? Come on

Comment

Mine would be:

Samwha (not wb, wl, xc or ot series) Samyoung, elite, aishi, epcos maybe a brand called Suntan these seem alright lol
                                      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

chinese crap
                                        Are you a racist?!
                                        Why do you hate the chinese so much?
                                        Did some chinese steal your lollipop when you were smaller??

would survive even so long as these Sanyos and Panasonics did?
                                        If they were the same quality, why the hell should they not?!
                                        There is absolutely no reason to assume that.
                                        But if we compare a Mercedes (E or S-Class) against a Smart, we all know what would happen, would we?!
                                        That there are different quality grades is something you don't want to be true. And there are...

And why do YOU assume that the caps are bad when from a "chinese" brand and do the opposite when it's a japanese brand?
                                        Racist?!

Oh and if Chinese would be that bad, how come you use a Rigol scope?
                                        How come we don't hear much about failing Corsair RM (the original) series left and right?
                                        How come that companys using, in your oppinion, shitty caps have no problems whatsoever with their caps but everything else???

Seems to me that caps are overrated. Jon Gerow stated the same...
                                        Last edited by Stefan Payne; 04-11-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X