how do i bridge at&t modem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i bridge at&t modem?

how do i bridge at&t modem to luxull for streaming audio. was told to use dual band wifi router that I couldn't use at&t without issues so now I need help making it work

Re: how do i bridge at&t modem?

If the modem isn't wireless you will need to use a Cat5 cable.

Comment

What model of modem do you have from AT&T? This can be helpful to determine whether it can be operated in bridge mode (most typically can).
      If the modem can be operated in bridge mode, disable the wireless functionality of the modem (if present) to avoid interference problems, set the modem to Bridge mode, connect the LAN port (any) of the modem to the WAN (Internet) port of the wireless router and set the Internet settings of the wireless router accordingly (good ones can typically automatically detect your type of internet connection during a setup wizard).

If the modem cannot be operated in Bridge mode (unlikely), all you need to do is disable the DHCP server function on the wireless router (not the modem - the modem will be the DHCP server - be sure to check its DHCP assignment range), set the wireless router IP address so it corresponds with the first three numbers while taking care to avoid conflicts when choosing the 4th number (e.g. 192.168.1.254 for the modem, 192.168.1.253 for the wireless router).

Remember to take a note of your network setup when everything is working.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

describe more about your modem and network diagram....

Comment

Working...
        X