Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-EP45-DS4P lost cause ?

Bought this cheap, described as "faulty. Does not post"

Doesn't even power on actually, not surprising with physical damage pictured

Board has everything, including "Quick Switches" so owner can easily Power on, Clear CMOS or Reset by pressing the appropriate button

It's the Reset switch which seems to have been forcibly ripped from the board

I've tried bridging the two big broken tracks pictured, to no avail

I think this one's destined to join my junk board collection
    Attached Files
    better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Re: GA-EP45-DS4P lost cause ?

Originally posted by pfrcom View Post
    Bought this cheap, described as "faulty. Does not post"

Doesn't even power on actually, not surprising with physical damage pictured

Board has everything, including "Quick Switches" so owner can easily Power on, Clear CMOS or Reset by pressing the appropriate button

It's the Reset switch which seems to have been forcibly ripped from the board

I've tried bridging the two big broken tracks pictured, to no avail

I think this one's destined to join my junk board collection
    I think joining the big ones wasn't enough,seeing that a quite deep scratch is located just next to the broken tracks.
    Main rig:
    Gigabyte B75M-D3H
    Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
    FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
    120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
    Delux MG760 case

Comment

And there is a thin trace between the two wide ones, I would also check the thin traces between the thicker trace and the edge of the board

Comment

Unless your very good at soldering or can find where easy broken trace links to and bridge it with wires, this is going to be very hard to do.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

It looks like something shorted and the traces melted open (like a fuse). There is some discoloration around the break.

Comment

There's also damage underneath the same area

Thanks for your responses

Unfortunately concurs with my thinking - win some, lose some, and this one's a loss

Pity, rest of board's in impeccable condition
            Last edited by pfrcom; 05-14-2016, 08:42 PM.
            better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

There's also damage underneath the same area

Thanks for your responses

Unfortunately concurs with my thinking - win some, lose some, and this one's a loss

Could have looked in worse condition - just got a MSI 845E MAX without NB sink,bulged KZGs (6.3v 2200uF,5 of em') and ripped VRM heatsinks - in fact,the only sign that there were VRM sinks was the thin legs the heatsinks had.
              Main rig:
              Gigabyte B75M-D3H
              Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
              Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
              16GB DDR3-1600
              Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
              FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
              120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
              Delux MG760 case

Comment

i see some oscon sepc polys on the board. those can be salvaged for recapping other mobos. did u get a boardful of oscon sepc polys or are there some chemicon psc polys in there as well? lucky u if u got a boardful of either. i got an ep35-ds3 with a boardful of fujitsu fpcaps except for a handful of sepc polys for usb filtering and needless to say the board didnt last long to my overclocking attempts...

Comment

Working...
                X