This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

the firmware in USBasp is newer than AVRdude, there is no problem - the timing is simply automatic.
    so you dont need to set it.

as for them not working:
    try:
    avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m8

it should say
    avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
    avrdude: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 1
    avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
    Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
    this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.

Comment

Dear sjt
      I'm telling you since I updated the firmware my computer refuses to see any of them. I can see them in the device manager but otherwise they are not recognized.

Code:
      C:\ASP>avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m8

avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
           this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.
      Thanks
      Belen

Comment

updated what firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          updated what firmware?
          The USBAP one as in this page

http://www.rogerclark.net/updating-f...ght-from-ebay/

Now my computer doesn't seem to see it

Comment

well firstly assholes like roger clark shouldnt be allowed online.

the firmware in the chinese programmers is NEWER and better than the official 2011 asp firmware.
            http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/

so all you did is DOWNGRADE it.

so now you need to download this firmware.
            and use it with:
            avrdude -c USBasp -P usb -p m8 -U flash:w:usbasp-2011.hex \-U lfuse:w:0xef:m \-U hfuse:w:0xc9:m

or

avrdude -C ../etc/avrdude.conf -c avrisp -P COM6 -b 19200 -p m8 -U flash:w:usbasp-2011.hex \-U lfuse:w:0xef:m \-U hfuse:w:0xc9:m

this will get them running, but they will never have the latest firmware because it's not public - thank the asshole Roger Clark for that!
            Attached Files

Comment

bmht thanks for the update is your esr tester ok now? or are you still having issues? try what stj says regarding the firmware on the usbasp it should get them working again

Comment

stj this is the video tom66 linked for me in eevblog so i guess all i have too do is use the headers i fit to the esr testers and use them rather than the breadboard method
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_LYhHUS26c

Comment

Oooops I did not knew he was an @@sss

Since I was having clock issues with my USBASP I read yesterday that is was due to firmware issues.
                  Sorry I dod not answered before I was doing grocery shopping and visiting my parents now I'm back
                  Frankly I think yesterday although it did not seem like I learned a lot.

Vince YES!!!! my tester is up and running finally thanks to you and the help of sjt!
                  I'm happy happy.
                  I was wondering testing some transistors why they don't give the full information as in the manual. Also I was wondering respecting the accuracy why would one buy an expensive multi meter these days with these devices that are so more versatile.
                  Anyway thanks again guys.
                  It seems I will be a regular user in here I have plenty of projects and also if by any chance is there is something on Spanish that you need translating I'm your gal .
                  What I mean is that I want to repay the favor
                  Going to try to upload the firmware now... will let you know
                  UPDATE

Code:
                  C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin>avrdude -C ../etc/avrdude.
                  conf -c avrisp -P COM6 -b 19200 -p m8 -U flash:w:usbasp-2011.hex \-U lfuse:w:0xe
                  f:m \-U hfuse:w:0xc9:m

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.04s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9307
                  avrdude: NOTE: "flash" memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be perform
                  ed
                       To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
                  avrdude: erasing chip
                  avrdude: reading input file "usbasp-2011.hex"
                  avrdude: input file usbasp-2011.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
                  avrdude: writing flash (4700 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 7.28s

avrdude: 4700 bytes of flash written
                  avrdude: verifying flash memory against usbasp-2011.hex:
                  avrdude: load data flash data from input file usbasp-2011.hex:
                  avrdude: input file usbasp-2011.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
                  avrdude: input file usbasp-2011.hex contains 4700 bytes
                  avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 3.92s

avrdude: verifying ...
                  avrdude: 4700 bytes of flash verified

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (H:FF, E:C9, L:EF)

avrdude done. Thank you.
                  It seems it worked!!!
                  I have to test it going to reprogram the other one too and after test with blink with usb tiny I will let you guys know
                  Thanks again

Belen
                  Last edited by bmht; 07-24-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

fuses look wrong.

avrdude -C ../etc/avrdude.conf -c avrisp -P COM6 -b 19200 -p m8 -U hfuse:w:0xc9:m

Comment

Hi again
                      I did not have luck with my USBASP.
                      I used the arduino IDE to upload blink to ATTiny configureing the proper pin
                      Board: Attiny
                      Processor: Attiny85
                      Clock: Either internal 1 Mhz or Intrnal 8 Mhz (tryed both)
                      Programmer USBASP

I tryed to upload the sketch using prgrammer

Code:
                      Sketch uses 826 bytes (10%) of program storage space. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
                      Global variables use 9 bytes (1%) of dynamic memory, leaving 503 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 512 bytes.
                      avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1 
                           this check.
                      My USBASP is not recognized anymore
                      I did upload scketches to my attiny before with it. Before I messed up I mean.

Thanks
                      Belen

Comment

I'm sorry I did not saw the other msg how can I check the fuses by myself what should they say?

I reprogrammed with your line code and it gave me this:
                        Code:
                        C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin>avrdude -C ../etc/avrdude.
                        conf -c avrisp -P COM6 -b 19200 -p m8 -U hfuse:w:0xc9:m

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.04s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9307
                        avrdude: reading input file "0xc9"
                        avrdude: writing hfuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude: 1 bytes of hfuse written
                        avrdude: verifying hfuse memory against 0xc9:
                        avrdude: load data hfuse data from input file 0xc9:
                        avrdude: input file 0xc9 contains 1 bytes
                        avrdude: reading on-chip hfuse data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude: verifying ...
                        avrdude: 1 bytes of hfuse verified

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (H:FF, E:C9, L:FF)

avrdude done. Thank you.
                        After this tried to upload the sketch again no luck same error as before
                        Belen

Comment

stj whilst waiting for parts to arrive i thought i would install avrdude ive tried it on windows vista windows 7 and windows 10 cant get any to install do any versions run on windows the usb programmers installed fine

Comment

Dear Vince sorry to step in
                            avrdude you do by commands you extract in a folder and do a command prompt in that folder to be able to type commands.

I believe for windows you got WinAVR wich is a GUI for ARVdude I might be wrong

Belen

Comment

there is something fucked about that AVRdude - it's not reading the correct fuses.

can you type "avrdude -v" to get the version.

Comment

Originally posted by bmht View Post
                                avrdude you do by commands you extract in a folder and do a command prompt in that folder to be able to type commands.

Belen
                                WinAVR is not for programming, it's for making the software.

if you want a gui for avrdude, try avrdudess
                                http://blog.zakkemble.co.uk/avrdudes...i-for-avrdude/

and i found this.
                                http://ladyada.net/learn/avr/avrdude.html

Comment

WinAVR is not for programming, it's for making the software.

if you want a gui for avrdude, try avrdudess
                                  http://blog.zakkemble.co.uk/avrdudes...i-for-avrdude/

and i found this.
                                  http://ladyada.net/learn/avr/avrdude.html
                                  thanks stj the top link has installed fine so just reading up on how too use it

Comment

Originally posted by bmht View Post

Belen
                                    Thanks bmht ive downloaded the one in stj links and seems too work ok its a pity avrdude wont work in windows cmd prompts i did try then realised wasnt for windows computers AVRDUDESS seems too work so just waiting o a smd ic and a header to arrive then will try it out.

just to confirm that these blue lcd pcbs work fine with the old testers
                                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1711744250...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                                    two little mods needed though on the main tester pcb it has two 6 pin headers which then go to the screen pcb but on the old screen pcb one header has 6 pins and the other uses just 4
                                    on the new screen pcb i had to add two 6 pin headers as the missing two pins are for the backlight voltage and then a little tweak of the contrast variable pot sorted the screen out it looks good now.
                                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-25-2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

there is something fucked about that AVRdude - it's not reading the correct fuses.

can you type "avrdude -v" to get the version.
                                      Code:
                                      C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin>avrdude -v

avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Apr 15 2015 at 19:59:58
                                           Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
                                           Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardw
                                      are\tools\avr\bin\avrdude.conf"
                                      avrdude: syntax error at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\a
                                      vrdude.conf:999
                                      Downloading now V 6.3 and redoing the whole procedure will report back

I also downloaded AVRDUDESS and I like it! It seems to be the same but with a GUI that for me really helps

Thanks again
                                      Belen
                                      Last edited by bmht; 07-25-2016, 10:34 AM. Reason: More information

Comment

I like AVR DUDESS

Code:
                                        -c arduino -p m8 -P COM6 -b 19200 -U flash:w:"C:\ASP\usbasp-2011.hex":i -U lfuse:w:0xef:m -U hfuse:w:0xc9:m:m
                                        and I got

Code:
                                        vvrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9307 (probably m8)
                                        avrdude.exe: NOTE: "flash" memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
                                               To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
                                        avrdude.exe: erasing chip
                                        avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\ASP\usbasp-2011.hex"
                                        #avrdude.exe: writing flash (4700 bytes):

Writing | ################################################# | 100% 6.65s

iavrdude.exe: 4700 bytes of flash written
                                        avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\ASP\usbasp-2011.hex:
                                        avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\ASP\usbasp-2011.hex:
                                        avrdude.exe: input file C:\ASP\usbasp-2011.hex contains 4700 bytes
                                        avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 3.33s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
                                        avrdude.exe: 4700 bytes of flash verified
                                        avrdude.exe: reading input file "0xef"
                                        avrdude.exe: writing lfuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of lfuse written
                                        avrdude.exe: verifying lfuse memory against 0xef:
                                        avrdude.exe: load data lfuse data from input file 0xef:
                                        avrdude.exe: input file 0xef contains 1 bytes
                                        avrdude.exe: reading on-chip lfuse data:

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of lfuse verified
                                        avrdude.exe: reading input file "0xc9"
                                        avrdude.exe: writing hfuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of hfuse written
                                        avrdude.exe: verifying hfuse memory against 0xc9:
                                        avrdude.exe: load data hfuse data from input file 0xc9:
                                        avrdude.exe: input file 0xc9 contains 1 bytes
                                        avrdude.exe: reading on-chip hfuse data:

avrdude.exe: 1 bytes of hfuse verified

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.
                                        Last edited by bmht; 07-25-2016, 11:15 AM. Reason: Got the wrong fuse

Comment

I have managed to get avrdude running in windows i forgot to make a new folder in c drive then unzip it there etc it opens in cmd ok now.
                                          so now have avrdudess and the normal avrdude on computer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X