Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanyo LCD40XR11F sound no picture -mainboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo LCD40XR11F sound no picture -mainboard?

Hi all. Given this 2011 model the Sanyo logo comes up at start and that is all but does have sound. Power board output voltages all check OK. Nothing obvious seen. To me the screen output other than picture does seem ok but menus etc do not display. Main is 569KI0601B no maker name and LCD is Samsung. Anyone with experience these models? Pics to follow.

Re: Sanyo LCD40XR11F sound no picture -mainboard?

Pics attacched
    Attached Files

Comment

Do backlights stay on?
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I think you may be right that they don't as I can't see any light from rear view (none of the usual holes) and its sus that no menu comes up. There is 24v output from power board. Will take cover off and see what I can on screen output boards.

Comment

Quick look over nothing standing out and fuse checks OK. No real idea of voltages nothing marked except fuse nothing blown appears as if test points top and bottom but no markings. Will post a pic later.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by maxvalutech; 04-30-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Took cover off inverter and this revealed two holes thru which I can see that backlight comes on for a second then off. I understand board can have an overload protection circuit switch which can be bypassed for testing for a few minutes but will give that a miss. Inverter is SS1400_08A01 rev 0.2 and a lot of these available around $20/30 from overseas.

Comment

May not be inverter. Can also be bad ccfl or connection or arcing because of the high voltage

Comment

Yes I am punting on the inverter as ccfl beyond my scope - no indication of arcing seen or heard. This set is one of nine acquired in the past week. My work tools consist of mm , soldering iron, set of screwdrivers and very limited space - hobbyist only.

Comment

Looks like you had good week.

Comment

Around this time each local council has a household cleanup collection for old white goods furniture etc so I advertise on local Facebook site to take away non working TVs of 40" or more with unbroken screen. Very good response and a real mixture. Have got 3 working so far (mainly bad caps on power boards) and on track, I hope, with another 3 awaiting parts which will take around 3/4 weeks, and a lg plasma bad ysus working on now. Either keeping me out of, or getting me into!, mischief.

Comment

So far I have had best luck posting for free pick up of nonworking tv on Craigslist. But about 80% are cracked screens. Still I've gotten some good ones. Posted on facebook but not much luck.

Comment

I think one reason for my good response is that in this yearly cleanup the sets just go into a compactor truck and become landfill. A number of people would rather give them to someone who may save them from that. Normally if they go to the tip they are passed on to a recycler.

Comment

After some weeks received new inverter board (and it does indeed look new) which went well but after about 15 mins picture jumped around sound went out of synch then all settled down but with about half inch strip of red colour across bottom of screen. Looks a bit like a foldover. Now after many weeks pulled set apart again to check t-con but where is it?? On main board or locked in screen frame?? See pics
                          Attached Files

Comment

The Tcon appears to be the long narrow pcb the cable connects to in 2nd photo
                            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yes it does and to get it out looks like a pull a lot of frame apart. But I do wonder why the white square is marked out on the main board.

Comment

Looks like one version of board had metal shielding over it.

Comment

The blank main board PCB can be stuffed with difference parts to create a bunch of PCBAs for the required TV models.
                                  That LCD panel had integrated T-CON/Tab bonding boards
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks guys. So right !! Found an old post herein showing panel failure pics and confirming integrated t-con with screen. Win some lose some.

Comment

Check the smd capacitors on the integrated Tcon board for short circuit. Some forum users have been very lucky and found the fault to be just capacitor failure.
                                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Max, I've got a 32XR12F Sanyo. Looks like bad firmware. Any chance you have one in your pile or get an EEPROM dump of this 40XR11F?

the 32 is FHD, AUO panel

Comment

Working...
                                        X