4 gigabyte BOARD FROZE AT BOOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 gigabyte BOARD FROZE AT BOOT

i have 4 gigabyte board. all mobo have the same problem.

945gcm s2l
    g31m- es2l

post code:26

BOARD FROZE AT BOOT. you can see it at pic.

any idea?
    Attached Files

Re: 4 gigabyte BOARD FROZE AT BOOT

might be a bad onboard device causing the board to freeze trying to detect it. could be a bad lan chip (quite common), bad sound card, usb controller, ide/sata/storage controller.

Comment

thanks for reply..
      where is the usb controller?

i got many board which gives "usb drive not recognized" messages.

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
      might be a bad onboard device causing the board to freeze trying to detect it. could be a bad lan chip (quite common), bad sound card, usb controller, ide/sata/storage controller.

Comment

press hold power button for ten seconds then again 3 times in a row.
        http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Comment

i try it.
          it's useless.

Originally posted by Fast Alpha View Post
          press hold power button for ten seconds then again 3 times in a row.
          Last edited by mikail13; 08-15-2016, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikail13 View Post
            i have 4 gigabyte board. all mobo have the same problem.

945gcm s2l
            g31m- es2l

BOARD FROZE AT BOOT. you can see it at pic.

any idea?
            Why two different motherboards (one has i945 chipset and other g31 chipset?) would hang on the same post code seems odd to me. Perhaps time to check your testing hardware.
            - Are you using a known good PSU that is built-well (not a cheap light "gutless wonder") with good capacitors in it?
            - Is your RAM okay? What brand is it?

I know from experience that some cheap RAM modules can be problematic on various boards. For example, I have this one 1 GB DDR memory module from Buffalo that gets rejected from all of my Dell PCs and even an ECS mobo when RAM at full speed. Same module does okay in a Jetway motherboard on full speed.

Comment

You may be right. But
              These boards comes to me from different cities. also i never used them.

i also used same model board with my same ram which is Kingston...
              it maybe chip problem but which of?

Originally posted by momaka View Post
              Why two different motherboards (one has i945 chipset and other g31 chipset?) would hang on the same post code seems odd to me. Perhaps time to check your testing hardware.
              - Are you using a known good PSU that is built-well (not a cheap light "gutless wonder") with good capacitors in it?
              - Is your RAM okay? What brand is it?

I know from experience that some cheap RAM modules can be problematic on various boards. For example, I have this one 1 GB DDR memory module from Buffalo that gets rejected from all of my Dell PCs and even an ECS mobo when RAM at full speed. Same module does okay in a Jetway motherboard on full speed.
              Last edited by mikail13; 08-25-2016, 12:21 PM. Reason: correcting

Comment

I have a Gigabyte board that also sometimes hangs in POST (unsure what post code) but if it does get through, it's unstable... time for garbage possibly...

Comment

Originally posted by mikail13 View Post
                  But
                  These boards comes to me from different cities. also i never used them.

i also used same model board with my same ram which is Kingston...
                  it maybe chip problem but which of?
                  Interesting.

So that sort of rules out the RAM as the problem.
                  What about power supply - what are you using? (brand and model number).

Originally posted by mikail13
                  Is that from a POST card? I don't see anything on the monitor that indicates where the motherboards could be failing. Looks like the next step is the HDD detection. Speaking of which, did you have an HDD connected to these motherboards when you tested them?
                  If yes, you might want to disconnect it, along with any SATA/PATA cables, just in case. I always disconnect anything that is not necessary. Just RAM and CPU installed on the motherboard (and video card, if required).

Comment

You can be sure that the motherboard problem. Other part is O.K.
                    i spend my time for repairing the board.
                    Last edited by mikail13; 08-29-2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X