X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakers too close to monitor?

Some background information:
    -I use Pandora
    -I use a broken CD player as an audio system (the CD part doesn't work), but I use the auxiliary inputs from my computer.
    -the speakers are right behind my 22" Dell widescreen LCD

The question:
    Is it a problem to have the speakers blaring the music into the back of the screen? I listen to music very loud, (like the whole house vibrates), and I'm wonder if it will damaged the screen.

Thank you!

Re: Speakers too close to monitor?

Nope, no chance of breaking it.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Great. Thanks!

Edit: one more thing: is it a problem that I have my Netgear Gigabit Switch right on top of one of the speakers?

Comment

Unless it bounces around, nope. Anything that is not magnetically sensitive will most likely suffer from some kind of mechanical failure when put on a speaker, not something electronics related.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
        X