ik ben gerard1 uit nerdeland
    de voeding van imac g5 is stuk, tyristor q5 geklapt
    weet iemand wat daarop heeft gestaan?
    ook weerstand aan onderkant print die in aansturing zit is stuk
    weet iemand wat de waarde moet zijn.
    hoor graag van jullie
    groeten

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone. Verry good forum !
      Manny tanks !

Comment

Just wanna say hi - and post my problem :-)

Comment

Hello everybody, nice forum, looking forward to seeing some attachments! all the best! B)

Comment

Hi. My name is Mike and a few years ago, I discovered that soldering wasn't too hard for me to do and that there were bad electrolytic capacitors in my broken C64, Powerbook duo dock, and my collection of dead monitors and LCD TVs.

I've replaced the caps in several LCD TVs with no troubles, but when my el cheapo LCM-22W3 Westinghouse LCD monitor stopped working I started having problems. There was no picture at all until I replaced the bad capacitors. Unfotunately, the EDID got screwed up and I can't get the monitor's full native resolution of 1680 x 1050. The best I can get is 1400x1050. Worse, I can only get this high a resolution booting from a Knoppix 7.2 recovery disk. Most other Linux, windows, & Mac OS top out at 1280x1024.

I tried windows, I tried debian linux, Mac OS X, and VGA and DVI connectors and there is just no way to get 1680x1050.

I don't care about any OS other than Linux/Xorg. The others were just for testing purposes.

At boot on Knoppix 7.2 I specified screen=1680x1050 but I only get 1400x1050. ARandR won't let me choose any higher resolution.

Do any old Linux X11 modeline wizards know how to specify the resolution to the X server? There used to be tools to do stuff like this, with all sorts of dire warnings about blowing up your CRT back in the day. But I can't remember what they were.

This is discussed in another thread but no conclusion is reached. It kinda sounds like I need to replace the whole board or flash some EEPROM.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghouse+monitor

Comment

I'm John, and was just out googling to find a solution to a problem tv. I came across this site and now think it is the best site available for info swapping. Thanx.

Comment

hello, I am looking for help with a plasma tv 50" samsung that I have traced the fault on to the ribbon cable bonded to the logic_E board (buffer board) and some of the copper contacts seem to have corroded and something seems to be creating an insulating layer between the contacts, was wondering if anyone had fixed this problem easily or will it just require patience and a steady hand to fix with flux/solder, I am from Burntisland in Scotland, and I am certainly human. :S

Comment

Hello BADCAPS.net!

Comment

Hello to all here at badcaps.net and thanks for your efforts to help everyone to further expand their existing knowledge...

Comment

Hi everyone!
                      My name is Phil.
                      I've been tinkering with electronics since I was a kid. Nothing crazy just small stuff, simple circuits. My first computer was a hp with the 386 processor running windows 3.1 with 2400 baud modem. There was also a Tandy 1000 in the house, and we had the Apple II's at school. I now run a server room and do pm on production printers. I've been checking out the forums because our tv went out at work. They bought a new one and let me have the old one. Look forward to learning from/with you all!

I found this site while trying to fix a tv at work in the breakroom.

Comment

Hi, everyone! I've seen these forums come up a lot in Google searches... I recently ran into a problem that required such expertise, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Comment

Hi all,
                          I'm Gerard, an electronics technician from The Netherlands (Europe).
                          I'm 64 year old and have enjoyed repairing many different kinds of electronic equipment all my life.
                          Hopefully we can help each other with information and good advice.

Greetings,
                          Gerard.

Comment

Hey everyone ,Im going to study computer and electronic engineering next year, im hoping to gain some experience in this forum and that fact that my monitor went dead recently will be a great start point !

Thank you for all your support along my way,
                            Kind Regards.
                            Ad astra per aspera

Comment

Hi,
                              i landed here looking for a solution to fix my broken HP L1955 monitor.

I have little experience with the hardware side of computers, but with the right how-to i can mange, i think.

cu o.

Comment

Great forum, a lot of useful info!

Comment

Hi Fellas

Newbie on here. General bodger and gadget man.
                                  Hoping to learn a bit more about electronics now I have the time. Put my fix all hammer away.
                                  Live in the uk love playing with broken stuff but need more learning and knowledge.

Cheers
                                  Jimmy

Comment

Hello from Germany.
                                    Just found this forum after my monitor died.
                                    After going through the suggestions for possible faults, I already found some candidates for repair.
                                    Keep up the good work.

Comment

How it going everyone, I am absolutely new to electronics in general, I haven't experience or training. It has always interested me so I figured fixing a tv that went through a power sure might be an opportunity to get my feet wet, lol.

Comment

Hello! This looks like a nice website that can help me diagnose issues I'm having with my Panasonic TC-P54VT25 plasma tv.

Comment

Hi!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X