ASUS VH222H No Power, No bad caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS VH222H No Power, No bad caps

I have an ASUS VH222H. When plugged in there is no activity on the power LED. It doesn't light up at all. Because the monitor doesn't turn on, well, there is nothing on the screen. None of the capacitors are blown. I'm not really sure what needs to be fixed on the Power Board now. Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by burns154; 07-18-2011, 01:50 PM.

Re: ASUS VH222H No Power, No bad caps

Originally posted by burns154 View Post
    I have an ASUS VH222H. When plugged in there is no activity on the power LED. It doesn't light up at all. Because the monitor doesn't turn on, well, there is nothing on the screen. None of the capacitors are blown. I'm not really sure what needs to be fixed on the Power Board now. Any ideas?
    Yeah, the picture quality would have been better if you waited until the sun is overhead. Still, they are good enough.

1. Disconnect the cable running to the signal card.

2. Fasten the power supply in place temporarily with at least two screws, one of which is through the grounding clip I circled in black.

3. Plug in the AC power cord.

4. Set your DMM to the 1000V DC scale and measure the voltage across the pins of the large cap (circled in red). Report that voltage.

5. If the voltage measured above is about 1.4 x line voltage, the fuse is good.

6. Set your DMM to the 20 VDC range and measure the voltage on each pin of the output connector. Use the mounting screw circled in black as the ground point. Report those voltages

If you read 5V on any of the pins of the output connector attach a picture of the signal card to your next post.

PlainBill
    Attached Files
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I'll do that. I'll keep you posted.
      Last edited by burns154; 07-18-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

What parts would I need to replace if I didn't test? My multimeter doesn't have the 1000V DC setting.

Comment

If your mains input is 110v then you are looking at measuring 165v DC across the Cap..if your mains is 240v then you want about 365 v DC.Nobody can tell you what parts to change if you do not do the tests,we don't have a Crystal Ball !!!

Comment

Alright. I had plugged the monitor in like he said with the 2 screws. The power board started to spark. Should I still test, or could I get shocked or something?

Comment

Originally posted by burns154 View Post
              Alright. I had plugged the monitor in like he said with the 2 screws. The power board started to spark. Should I still test, or could I get shocked or something?
              Provide a picture showing where it sparked.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

It was near the power adapter plug-in, but I am not totally positive.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X