SANYO DP37647 Sound no Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SANYO DP37647 Sound no Picture

It powers on just fine with sound, no pic or back lights.

Power board readings:
    Cn2 goes to main
    PS_on 4.9 v
    5vsb 5.0 5.0 v
    12v 12.0 12.1 v
    24v 24.1 24.1 v
    CN4 goes to inverter
    24.0v
    24.1v
    24.1v
    24.0v
    MAINBOARD from Power board
    K8B
    white 4.9v
    12.0v
    12.0v
    24.1v
    24.0v

K6R goes to inverter
    white 3.3v
    3.3v
    0.3v
    4.3v
    Attached Files

Re: SANYO DP37647 Sound no Picture

No backlight or no image on lit screen?
    Check inverter fuse.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Fuse and transformers all in spec .. I should have said I already tried a replacement inverter..
      Last edited by lilmonk3; 09-23-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Inverter VIN measures 4.3V? That is too low but you do have 24V on your power board. Check if there are fuses on the power board - maybe one there.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes I have 24v on power board .. The 4.3 is coming from the main to the inverter

Comment

Can you post a clear shot of the inverter? It doesn't look like the 24V is getting to the inverter - I'm suspecting a fuse on the PSU somewhere (and fuses can be deceptive, looking like anything...) This TV probably uses the 24V for the audio circuit as well, many do.

Comment

I was just looking over the Power board and found this.. Would this ferrite bead cause a problem
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't think so - it's just a bit of ferrous material wrapper around a wire. It's to reduce the interference the TV can kick out with regards to radios etc.

Comment

Its a long inverter.. Here are a few pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

One thing that made me scratch my head is... On the power board there is a cable 24v connection CN5 that is empty and there is also and empty connection on the inverter.. Is there SUPPOSE to be a cable going between the 2....
                    Attached Files

Comment

OK, test the voltage as indicated in the image. Red probe on the red highlighted pin, black on the black highlighted pin.

You can test the voltage on any of the main caps on the inverter.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hmm I wonder. Perhaps the owner tried to fix their TV?

Comment

Thats what I am wondering... The set didnt SEEM to have been opened but ya never know

Comment

Do the check I mentioned - if it's zero volts or near enough zero, you can always solder individual wires between the PSU and inverter or crimp your own cable.

Comment

24v on all caps on inverter

Comment

So I think it's OK. That plug on the PSU is probably for a slave inverter, and on the other inverter is probably for a different PSU, or for use as a slave inverter in some way. Check all the transformers on the inverter next as you have Darfon ones and they often fail.

Comment

Transformer all are good.. One of the first things I checked

Comment

Check the primaries of the transformers too. I've never seen one fail, but wouldn't rule it out. You are expecting close to 0 ohms.

Comment

Oh, and did you check this fuse too?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Secondary all 0.3, primary 2.15 ,all white fuses 1.0

Comment

Working...
                                        X