opening an lp2407

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opening an lp2407

morning/afternoon all!! i am having a huge problem getting this gateway lp2407 monitor open. i've done dozens of other lcd's but this one hates me! any help?
    and thanks!

Re: opening an lp2407

Try this you-tube video.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Re: opening an lp2407

Well that would work but, there may be a better way!
      There are 3 screws along the bottom of the monitor, remove those along with any screws where the stand is attached. There are 2 slots on the bottom where the halves of the monitor come together; with a screw driver, you can use those for leverage.
      With another small screwdriver on the sides of the monitor where the front shiny cover, and the duller back case come together, pry the shiny piece away from the back cover and lift.
      It is a very tight snap fit, you have to go slow and coax it off.When you get the front cover started you can usually pull it off with your fingers by lifting up.
      BE VERY CAREFUL with the front panel switch ribbon, it is easy to damage.
      Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Working...
      X