That's a lot of primary cappage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: That's a lot of primary cappage

Why would factory-direct take longer than ordering through distributor and only than he sends it to the manufacturer? If anything, also without the shipping over half the globe, it should be one-two weeks faster.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Re: That's a lot of primary cappage

I suppose it would depend on where you're ordering from and to. Like I said before, if your PSU is made in Japan, Japan-made caps would make the most sense to order, or Taiwanese-made caps if your PSU is made in Taiwan, etc... I know the difference between 2-3 weeks lead time, possibly shorter or longer, doesn't seem like that much, but when you're producing millions of units at once with 20+ caps inside each unit, that "small" or "non-existent" time difference becomes anything but.

Also, I'd love to know how two-switch forward topology is more "stable" than single-switch forward topology. And how two caps in series in a voltage doubler is more stable than just one, if anything else, they're less stable as minimum load resistors would balance the voltage between them (similar to how electrolytic capacitors in parallel, due to their negative temperature coefficient, do not evenly share the ripple current). And how dual +12V rails are any more stable than a single +12V rail. I'm also amazed that those Teapo and CapXon did so well under the acrid conditions jazzie put them through. But as the saying goes, it only takes time to kill bad caps and 2+ years isn't that much time. Also, the issue with the crap manufacturers is poor QA rather than none at all...

Comment

Working...
      X