Bulged - Capacitor 390uF - 250V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulged - Capacitor 390uF - 250V

Working on a Hisense LCD40V57CA, complaint no picture, no sound the power board fuse AC250V/AC125V T6.3A blows when I removed the cover I noted the CD296 has bulged and a brownish looking stain on-top, I have not seen any other Caps that are bulged. Would this be enough to not allow picture or sound and the fuse to blow?? I was just going to replace that capacitor then install a new fuse.

Re: Bulged - Capacitor 390uF - 250V

That brownish stuff on the top of the bulged cap is electrolyte. It's probably an input filtering capacitor. Is there another 390uF 250V cap next to the bulged one? 250V is too low for it to be for PFC filtering.

Do any other components look damaged? If the fuse has blown, it's possible some other components nearby failed as well.

Comment

No I could not see any other damaged components near by at all, here is a picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kidd View Post
        I was just going to replace that capacitor then install a new fuse.
        It's possible that there may also be other components blown since the fuse blew. If you do go that route, I suggest ordering at least several fuses. The cap *shouldn't* blow again, but I'm not a plasma guy, so I can say anything for sure. I hope someone more knowledgeable chimes in to guide you on what else to look at.
        However, replacing that capacitor first is definitely a step in the right direction.
        Last edited by momaka; 04-24-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Kidd, I'm working on a Proscan 42LA45H...It looks as though the boards are the same..
          I have the same bulging of the 390uf 250v capacitor...mine didn't split on top and leak, it leaked from the bottom onto the board leaving a brownish stain.

I would like to know where I can find this capacitor...
          My local shop has the smaller ones that I ned (2200uf 16v/2200uf 35v) but can't get the 390uf 250v.

I looked online and may have found one on ebay for 10.00..Panasonic

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

This appears to be a Qingdao Samyoung unit.
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

This is the Panasonic TS-ED 250v 390uF Capacitor, make sure the capacitor you have is 25mm or smaller.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...Df%252bJ1H6g==

Comment

Did you fix the problem in the end ?
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Mines the same flickering blinking screen but picture is good, main filter cap bulged I will replace and update, me thinks there is a trend with these caps.

Comment

Originally posted by regis View Post
                    Mines the same flickering blinking screen but picture is good, main filter cap bulged I will replace and update, me thinks there is a trend with these caps.
                    You'd be entirely right if you think there's a trend, these little shits blow all the time.
                    Popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
                      Kidd, I'm working on a Proscan 42LA45H...It looks as though the boards are the same..
                      I have the same bulging of the 390uf 250v capacitor...mine didn't split on top and leak, it leaked from the bottom onto the board leaving a brownish stain.

I would like to know where I can find this capacitor...
                      My local shop has the smaller ones that I ned (2200uf 16v/2200uf 35v) but can't get the 390uf 250v.

I looked online and may have found one on ebay for 10.00..Panasonic

Any help is appreciated.
                      Originally posted by kidd View Post
                      Working on a Hisense LCD40V57CA, complaint no picture, no sound the power board fuse AC250V/AC125V T6.3A blows when I removed the cover I noted the CD296 has bulged and a brownish looking stain on-top, I have not seen any other Caps that are bulged. Would this be enough to not allow picture or sound and the fuse to blow?? I was just going to replace that capacitor then install a new fuse.
                      Standard HV series from Rubycon: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-390uf-250...YAAOSwZjJU7VBD

Rated 3000 hours, it'll last a boatload longer though, it should be a direct fit for the one you have there, (25mm x 25mm).
                      Popcorn.

Comment

Working...
                      X