Super Glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Glue

Accidently I cut my finger from the sharp edge of the LED screen metal case when I was changing LEDs. I'm using Super Glue?

Super Glue for Wound Closure
    http://www.realfirstaid.co.uk/superglue/

Is super glue toxic?
    According to the United States National Toxicology Program, the inhalation exposure toxicity rate of of ethyl cyanoacrylate, or super glue, is safe and additional study is unnecessary. The report also highlighted an extremely large LD50, with over 5000 milligrams per kilogram of body weight required for a lethal dose.

THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO USING SUPER GLUE FOR CUTS
    http://morethanjustsurviving.com/super-glue-for-cuts/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Super Glue : Super pegamento
    I cut myself. : Me corte.
    Last edited by capwizard; 03-22-2017, 01:30 PM.

Re: Super Glue

it was invented for fixing cuts in the skin ..i use it all the time no problem

Comment

It is sad to say I use super glue instead of Band-aid. So, I can go back to work immediately.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I can go back to work immediately. : Puedo volver a trabajar inmediatamente.

Comment

REALLY? You use Super Glue to fix wounds?
        Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
        1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Yes, after sterilized, If it is a big wound use staples. My wrose work injure is I push down my palm on table with solder iron, it took 3 months to recover, I wish it was unplugged.
          Last edited by capwizard; 03-22-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
            My wrose work injure is I put my palm on solder iron, it took 3 months to recover, I wish it was unplugged.
            That must have hurt a lot.
            I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
              Yes, after sterilized, If it is a big wound use staples. My wrose work injure is I push down my palm on table with solder iron, it took 3 months to recover, I wish it was unplugged.
              Usual general purpose Super Glue uses acetone as an solvent. From where comes the bad smell of the open bottle of this glue? How do you think?
              There is special medical glue, that doesn't use acetone as an solvent, but ethanol.
              It's stupid, stupid, stupid to use general purpose Super Glue.
              p.s I have no idea why you are writing in Spanish as well.
              Last edited by televizora; 03-22-2017, 04:20 PM.
              Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
              1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

First, I saw people did that, my reaction just like you.

I try one time and it is better than any medical Band-aid or First Aid Spray which won't stop the blood flowing out, but super glue stop right there instantly.

This is no joking, that is a life-saver. Everybody should try it at least one time. My wife taught me that, She is a certified caregiver.
                Last edited by capwizard; 03-22-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I've used it on a pretty nasty cut before because I was unable to get to a hospital. It worked out pretty well with no scarring. The regular stuff is a little irritating and can burn. The medical formulations are supposed to be more pleasant. You never know what additives they stick in the regular super glue so I'm not sure if I'd use that for everyday cuts.

Comment

I tried it once but I couldn't get the band-aid off when it healed up.
                    sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

Ha-ha

Comment

My father used super glue to close up a head wound that i suffered when i was younger.

Comment

He hit you with stick has nail on it?

No wonder You're so smart.
                          Last edited by capwizard; 03-23-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X