Modding a Mac Plus 1Mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modding a Mac Plus 1Mb

I have a Macintosh Plus 1Mb with CPU/Memory problems not caused by the PSU. Does anyone know how i can run this thing as a display only? Like for a raspberry Pi?
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Re: Modding a Mac Plus 1Mb

post a foto of the boards

i think those use 24KHz refresh - so not a very usefull monitor!

Comment

Here are pictures. The hippy cable is what runs between the logic board and sweep board.

The pins most obvious are the purple one and bottom orange as ground, and top yellow is speaker drive.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by goontron; 05-10-2017, 11:00 PM.
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Blue is 5v. It ties to the CMOS/PRAM battery post through a diode.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

foto's of the logic board?

Comment

Here we go.
            Attached Files

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

try replacing the ram.
              or giving it a damned good clean.

also, replace the electrolytics - they appear to be the only smoothing on the thing!!

Comment

Well, i cleaned it, and tested the caps. No dice. Just going to send it to scrap.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                X