Need help finding cap for Asus Rampage III Black Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding cap for Asus Rampage III Black Edition

I recently came across a headache I am trying to fix, got a Asus Rampage III Black Edition Motherboard that is MISSING a capacitor by the top most PCIe port (pictures attached.)

Going by a mixture of logic and pictures found around the internet it should be the same "FP5K, 13AH, 561, 6.3" cap that is close to the other PCIe ports (pictures also attached) but I cannot find where to buy them. Even the numbering does not match anything I google.

Does anyone have any thoughts? If more information is needed just let me know.
    Attached Files

Re: Need help finding cap for Asus Rampage III Black Edition

560uf 6.3v functional polymer electrolytics.
    http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/solidcapacitor.html#fpcap

Comment

Missing? Or omitted by design? MB vendors often use the same PCB for multiple models, varying what is installed or omitted according to the specific models.

Among other things, my present employer (which I will not name) designs and sells MBs, so I see this with some regularity.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
        X