rubycon replacement help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubycon replacement help

I need to replace 6 capacitors on an intel DG33SXG2 mainboard.
    and i cannot seem to be certain of a proper replacement.
    I'd be your best friend all day for some assistance.

Rubycon
    6.3v 1800 uF
    MCZ
    T0702
    105 deg
    PET
    8mm diameter
    16-17mm tall.

Re: rubycon replacement help

are these the 6 caps that are located below the ram/dimm slots? the closest replacement available from the badcaps.net store are the 1500uF 10v 8mm Rubycon MCZ Series caps. they should work fine despite the lower capacitance as they are still within the ±20% tolerance of the original.

other manufacturer series u can replace them with are nichicon hn/hz, panasonic FJ/FL and sanyo wg but they are all discontinued so finding genuine ones are a tall order. not sure if u can poly mod there. i checked and poly caps for the required capacitance and voltage either dont exist for the required dimensions or for the esr specs.

Comment

https://www.rapidonline.com/w-rth-pt...8x11-5-61-2952

could probably work.

Comment

Indeed, these are the 6 near the ram/dimm slots. It's ok to change from the 6.3 to the 10v?

That was a valid question, and the answer is yes.
        I'd still feel more comfortable with a 1800 instead of the 1500, but the diameter and ESR seem to be the most critical issues here.

Thank you much for the guidance.
        Last edited by mrcadman; 05-22-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Jeepers! quick update. Turns out many years ago i had purchased from BadCaps twice what i needed to repair an identical board to this one (which failed). When rummaging for solder wick, i ran across the 6 rubycon in perfect condition. The board is up and running great!

Comment

Suncon WG is still being made, I plan to order some.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by mrcadman View Post
              I'd still feel more comfortable with a 1800 instead of the 1500, but the diameter and ESR seem to be the most critical issues here.
              regarding this point u brought up, just dont use a junk power supply then. use an ultra low ripple japcap psu like the superflower leadex platform which is sold under the evga g2 brand in the USA. that will prevent the electrolyte from evaporating too quickly due to heat generated from having to filter high ripple causing the capacitance to drop over time. good caps do not fail for a reason. therefore, u must still investigate and figure out what caused the rubycons to bulge to prevent it from happening again. either psu or poor case ventilation caused it to bulge since its a board for a SFF system.
              Originally posted by Behemot View Post
              Suncon WG is still being made, I plan to order some.
              thanks good to know. do post in your thread in the announcements subforum when the stock is available.
              Last edited by ChaosLegionnaire; 05-27-2017, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X