Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Benq FP731

Hi,

I am no nearer solving this problem now than I was a week ago!
    Everything listed so far has been done, but still the 2 secs to dark persists.

My question is how should I progress from here?

Will.

Comment

Originally posted by W1ll View Post
      Hi,

I am no nearer solving this problem now than I was a week ago!
      Everything listed so far has been done, but still the 2 secs to dark persists.

My question is how should I progress from here?

Will.
      Try hooking up a known good set of CCFLs, if you haven't done so.

The problem COULD be in the sense circuitry; I don't even want to go there.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hi,

I don't have any Parts that I can swap.
        The lamps work, although briefly. How could it be both of them at fault?

Comment

Are you using a fuse for the inverter,or do you still have the 1157 bulb installed?
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Hi,

I'm still using the bulb as I haven't ordered a replacement fuse yet.
            I'm waiting to see if I need to purchase anything else.

Comment

I have not tried using the light bulb as a simulated load,but I wonder if the light bulb may be reducing the available voltage to the inverter causing the 2 sec problem now.
              If it were me I would try a fuse and see what happens.
              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Hi,

I've substituted the bulb with a domestic 3A fuse.
                This time the lights only come on once instead of twice and then go out.

Comment

If you disconnect all but one CCFL will it light for a few seconds? Try this with all four CCFLs.

The design of the inverter is such that any one bad CCFL will cause all to shut down.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hi,

I think it's time for a new monitor!
                    In attempting to gain access to the lamps, one of the ten ribbon cables to the screen tore away!

Even though I was especially careful as I knew they were delicate, to my disbelief it still happened.

I would therefore like to thank PlainBill & alexanna for their help.
                    Maybe next time I'll do better.

Regards,
                    W1ll.

Comment

Working...
                    X