Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to recap or not to recap that is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to recap or not to recap that is the question.

Hello all
    I have a EVGA 7600 GS that has blown caps just like this one:7600 gt blown caps

I called EVGA and they were nice enough to offer me another graphics card without warranty. My problem is they didn't say what kind of card they would send. It could be one of the same or greater value ( I spent $120 for this card) Or they could send me a forty dollar card. I just don't know what they are going to do. Now I could replace the caps in the video card and have a good card, if nothing else went when the caps went. And by the way four of the five 1500 uf 6.3v caps blew. SO maybe other parts went with them.

The big question is do I trust EVGA to send me a comparable value card or should I try and fix the card myself?

I'm glad I found this site. I have a number of MB that are real flaky and are just gathering dust. I think I will replace the caps and see what happens. Maybe I can bring them back from the dead.

Re: to recap or not to recap that is the question.

EVGA is a very good company
    Just ask them what they will send you?
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

EVGA is a very good company. See what they send you for a graphics card. Are they going to make you send yours back in order to get the new one? If not, let them send you the comparable one and if your recap the 7600gs, well now you have 2 good graphics cards.

Comment

They want me to send back the card with the blown caps. From both of you saying that EVGA is a good company I will send the card back and just ask them if they would ship it back to me with the new card so I can "practice" resoldering caps. They just might do it. The card is worth nothing to them. And the person I talked to did seem to be working for a good company. I didn't get any BS from them. And I told the guy he should come to this site and check out how many products have bad caps. He did call it a "conspiracy theory" that MBs and graphic cards have bad caps. I think he just didn't know. He did sound rather young.

Comment

Working...
        X