Samsung DCB-P853Z (DVB tuner/recorder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung DCB-P853Z (DVB tuner/recorder)

Hello all the experts here in the badcaps!
    I've got myself a broken DVB recorder by samsung. The unit wasn't powering on and all that, so I changed all of the caps in the psu, besides the 450V one. This fixed the powering on issue.

Next thing after this is that the device could boot up just fine and work too. Or it would be stuck on boot with all the red lights just on. In this state, it doesn't do anything by pressing on the power or any other button. Hard resetting it from the back switch may or may not get it working again for a period of time. After a working period, it could just hang or boot again. When it works and you switch it off from the front panel, the fan may stay on even though the other components power off.

There are few regulators on the motherboard, here's what I've measured.:

U303
    AMC 1117 (sot-223) = it doesn't have prefix (1.8-5.0) so accounting to the datasheet, it's variable output regulator.
    big tap = 1.241V
    GND = 0.001V
    OUT = 1.241V
    IN = .OL

U1021
    KIA 78D25F (TO-252) = 2.5V fixed.
    big tap = 0.001V
    pin 1 = .OL
    cut pin = 0.001V
    pin 3 = .OL

U1027 & [U1025]
    KIA 78D05F (TO-252) = 5.0V fixed. There are two, one between the tuners and a pain in the ass to measure.
    big tap = 0.001V
    pin 1 = .OL
    cut pin = 0.001V
    pin 3 = .OL

U102 & [U101]
    M39100 (sot-223) = 3.3V fixed. There are two, one between the tuners and a pain in the ass to measure.
    big tap = 0.001V
    in = .OL
    center = 0.001V
    out = .OL

Q1206
    Not sure what else it could be, could be the reset thing RA26P (sot-23).
    Gives .OL and 0.001V too.

What else I should measure here, help is greatly appreciated!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OniJon; 10-05-2012, 02:37 AM.

Re: Samsung DCB-P853Z (DVB tuner/recorder)

Ok, the fan staying on is actually a firmware thing which came with a update, it helps to keep the thing cool because it takes like 18W from the wall in standy.

Comment

Originally posted by OniJon View Post
      What else I should measure here, help is greatly appreciated!!
      Your OL readings suggest you have an autoranging multimeter, but your reported readings suggest you have a manual ranging multimeter set to 2V DC scale.

Retake the readings with your manual range multimeter set to 20V DC.

PS. Post a picture of your multimeter for a retiredcaps' bonus point.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

OK this is just an idea but have you checked the Hard drive in anyway? If it is going bad I could see it causing this problem. Just an idea it might not be a Component.

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerGeek View Post
          OK this is just an idea but have you checked the Hard drive in anyway? If it is going bad I could see it causing this problem. Just an idea it might not be a Component.
          Yes, actually I took it out and it had few bad sectors which are fixed now in my computer by seatools.

Ok. I changed the multimeter to my work one. The market one showed whatever it wanted at given time and it's hard to set to measure anything.

U303
          AMC 1117 (sot-223)
          big tap = 1.23V
          GND = 0.00V
          OUT = 1.23V
          IN = 3.23V

U1021
          KIA 78D25F (TO-252)
          big tap = 0.00V
          pin 1 = 2.51V
          cut pin = 0.00V
          pin 3 = 3.22V

U1027 & [U1025]
          KIA 78D05F (TO-252)
          big tap = 0.00V
          pin 1 = 5.39V
          cut pin = 0.00V
          pin 3 = 5.04V

U102 & [U101]
          M39100 (sot-223)
          big tap = 0.00V
          in = 4.92V
          center = 0.00V
          out = 3.27V

Q1206
          RA26P (sot-23)
          pin 1 = 3.23V
          pin 2 = 3.23V
          pin 3 = 0.00V

These measurements look just fine to me?
          Last edited by OniJon; 10-06-2012, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OniJon View Post
            Yes, actually I took it out and it had few bad sectors which are fixed now in my computer by seatools.
            As ComputerGeek suggested, your problem may have been the hard drive. You may want to reformat and reinitialize the complete system if the OS allows it.

Ok. I changed the multimeter to my work one.

These measurements look just fine to me?
            I agree.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
            X