Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Seconds to Black (Power LED Still Lit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Seconds to Black (Power LED Still Lit)

Hi All
    Such a shame that my first post to the forums is a plea for help. However, I have been hovering recently and you all seem to offer comprehensive and helpful advice. Here's hoping that this is going to be a permanent stay

I have here an LG Flatron WS1934S-BN TFT monitor with a "2 Seconds to Black" error, I have been concentrating on PC and Laptop repairs of late and if a monitor had blown we chose to just replace it. However, with the current economic climate looking so grim I was hoping to move into the component repair side of things.

This particular monitor fades to black after 2 seconds however, the blue power LED remains on. Other monitors that I have seen with this problem seem to turn themselves off. Am I looking at a specific error here?

I have stripped the unit down and removed the power board (images can be found at http://www.mediafire.com/?h3cmdzq7yovfij5) I cannot see anything out of the ordinary but would prefer the experts to take a quick look if they dont mind to confirm for me

Many thanks in advance
    Derry O'Neill

Re: 2 Seconds to Black (Power LED Still Lit)

1) 2 seconds to black is documented in posts #19, 20, and 21. Post 21 and my sig file will tell you how we want pictures and where. Follow the instructions EXACTLY.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

We prefer pictures hosted here for many reasons including avoiding malware, ads, popups, etc at offsite hosting.

2) The most likely candidates are

a) bad ccfls
    b) bad ccfl wiring (especially the return wire at the top of the lcd)
    c) bad caps
    d) bad secondary inverter transformer windings
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 03-15-2012, 05:04 PM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
    X