Westinghouse LD-4655VX - My First LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse LD-4655VX - My First LED

I have to say I read alot of forums and dont really ever post, but I had to write a quick note on here. I need to give a huge thank you for everyone in this forum as I have finally resolved my issues without spending a dime. I found this a month or two ago and quickly took off the back and disconnected each side to isolate the issue and have been using the tv dim on one side until we bought or replacement. The new TV (LG LED) has arrived and this past weekend was time to tear down the westinghouse even further, upon further inpection I found the cable to be chewed up as well on the right side where it connects to the led strip, I removed it and cleaned it then added a small piece of electric tape to the aluminum to keep the ribbon cable from touching it and viola! It works like new again. I really have to give everyone a big thank you and I hope others are able to find this before they toss out their sets like I almost did. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by lazzer408 View Post
      I JUST picked up a 47" off Craigslist tonight for $50 that had the same problem and I was able to fix it tonight in about 2 hours.

I just reused the old ribbon cables by cutting off the damaged end, placing tape on the metal bar that cut it the first time, and cut holes in the plastic above the cable so it doesn't get pinched again.
      I called about that one Saturday morning. It was either drive to Antioch for that one or Tinley Park for a 60" Sharp. I chose the 60" Sharp. Though when it's all said and done, I may have had more opportunity for profit with the Westinghouse. Was the seller able to locate the base for it?

Comment

I'm asking $340 for one and nobody bites.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
          I'm asking $340 for one and nobody bites.
          you are selling one for $340? The problem may be that you can buy them new for about 300 or used for about $50-100. I paid 375 new 2 years ago. Hope that helps

Comment

In the UK, I'd probably be able to sell a 46" LED for around £250, then again no experience with any LED sales yet because I haven't found any good cheap ones to work on.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Check this out:
              http://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbfb/...tID=BB11227506
              Where can you buy one for so cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by misaacs6516 View Post
                you are selling one for $340? The problem may be that you can buy them new for about 300 or used for about $50-100. I paid 375 new 2 years ago. Hope that helps
                $50 for a used WORKING 46" LED TV? I just sold a 42" Westinghouse LED for $240 Friday night. If I were selling the 46" around here, I'd probably ask somewhere in the $275-$295 range.

Comment

$100 is a used 32" Samsung.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                    $100 is a used 32" Samsung.
                    I would probably ask a little more if it had the remote, $125-$150 depending on how old it was. I just sold a used, 7 year old 32" Viewsonic with no remote for $100 and the phone was ringing off the hook. The guy that bought it barely even wanted to check it out when he picked it up. He saw it worked and was gone.

Comment

I would sell it for $175-180, but I'm just saying if you are lucky, you can pick up sometimes even for $100 a 32".
                      Heck, last week I have picked up a perfectly good working, no scratches with remote, a 42" Sony KDL-42V4100! I have just cleaned it and it's up for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                        PM me I have an extra. Same day US shipping.
                        Wish I had known that last week but I already ordered them. I'll keep it in mind if I run in to problems.

Thanks,

Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                          $50 for a used WORKING 46" LED TV? I just sold a 42" Westinghouse LED for $240 Friday night. If I were selling the 46" around here, I'd probably ask somewhere in the $275-$295 range.
                          I was thinking he was selling a non working model. 50 would be crazy if it worked, I have seen this for 50-100 not working.

Comment

I need some more help, earlier today I posted how the tape fix worked. In an attempt to add tape to the other side to avoid future failures the entire lock for the ribbon cable fell off the led strip. I'm killing myself right now as 20min ago I had a 100% working TV. Is there anyway to connect the ribbon cable directly to the strip or is there a place to buy a new led strip? Please help
                            Attached Files

Comment

That happened to me, had to rely on some Gorilla tape to hold it in place.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                                That happened to me, had to rely on some Gorilla tape to hold it in place.
                                I tried holding the cable in place with my hand and couldn't get it to power up. So you didn't have any of the clip at all and were successful at taping the ribbon cable directly to the led strip? if you see in the pics there is barely any points of contact left. Thanks

Comment

In my case the locking tab broke off, I can't really tell where it's supposed to be in the pic. Did the whole connector break?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
                                    In my case the locking tab broke off, I can't really tell where it's supposed to be in the pic. Did the whole connector break?
                                    Yeah, the whole connector is gone. Bare metal with 12 very small points. I believe its done.

Comment

Yes that would be very tough if not impossible. If you're really good at soldering you may be able to scrape the end of ribbon to expose the traces on top and try to solder it back on but that's a long shot.

Comment

Anyone know of a similar model that has same issue? Ive fixed 2 and looking to make some income, Im possibly getting laid off. Thank you all for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                                          I called about that one Saturday morning. It was either drive to Antioch for that one or Tinley Park for a 60" Sharp. I chose the 60" Sharp. Though when it's all said and done, I may have had more opportunity for profit with the Westinghouse. Was the seller able to locate the base for it?
                                          Yes he found the stand.

Originally posted by misaacs6516 View Post
                                          I found the cable to be chewed up as well on the right side where it connects to the led strip, I removed it and cleaned it then added a small piece of electric tape to the aluminum to keep the ribbon cable from touching it and viola!
                                          Electrical tape alone won't hold up unless you cut the plastic above the cable to prevent it from pressing down on the ribbon.

Why people are ordering replacement cables? There's plenty of slack on the originals to repair the damaged area.
                                          Last edited by lazzer408; 07-30-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X