NE555 Timer
    Weltrend WT8043 N201
    TDA 9102C/T
    TDA 8172
    LM358 Op Amp
    CA 3080

I have already download all datasheet.
    Originally posted by jts1957 View Post
    Does set fire up if 12V is connected momentarily to pin #20 of TDA9102?
    As far as leaving it jumpered, YOUR set, YOUR safety, YOUR call.

Comment

Re: Old school Fortune Magic Green 14" S/N 96097669 CRT

As far as leaving it jumpered, YOUR set, YOUR safety, YOUR call.
      As you said My safety, I'm afraid for leaving it jumpered . I don't buy LM358 IC and 824J 400V polycaps yet. I'll try it after have a time.

What symptom like this on my screen to call for TV technician?

I wants to learn and search google where section could be the causes to be checked for this "divided screen" symptom likes I call. that's so many symptom as i see before like no raster, horizontal line, blurry, ghosting, etc and because of language barrier I don't understand clearly..
      "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
      Rudi
      Thank You

Comment

I presume it should work on VGA / SVGA input.

Have you tried the front panel controls?
        I doubt 824 cap would cause. But I wouldn't allow set to run for long periods until one is installed.

Comment

I presume it should work on VGA / SVGA input.

Have you tried the front panel controls?
          I doubt 824 cap would cause. But I wouldn't allow set to run for long periods until one is installed.
          yes, i have try front panel controls, brightness, widthness, pincushion, etc. I still get this screen. no change.
          this monitor input cable is VGA input like usual LCD monitor input. so how we call for this symptom for tv technician?

I want try to read some site that has mention symptom like this I face but I don't know how they are TV technician call this symptom.

I think like you before that this caps no problem, but after changes it with two parallel 474J, the screen looks like this (divided).
          for note : before changes caps the screen just like wave without any clear picture..
          Last edited by senz_90; 11-27-2013, 12:00 AM.

Best Regards
          Rudi
          Thank You

Comment

Some update here, pardon me if digging out the old post, but i want to thank you for all of you contribute in this thread and help me out to find the problem.

I am just too upset when get a bad picutre before, so I am just laying the monitor down on bench. A couple days ago I am success fixing my friend TV and the problem just a badcaps and failed HOT (he give me a reward ).

Today I have many spare time and decided to try fix it again, I am trying the suggestion, replacing IC LM358 and caps 100uF 35v, the really one that messed me up is a cold solder joint on TDA9102 pins (forget to makes note) that I am missing !! I haven't change 824J caps (found no replacement).

Yes, maybe the jumper is not supposed be there, but I have try the monitor on and watch a video about 3hours and just fine
            I have try all my best but they are no defective components as I checks, so I am still use this jumper method. Now the monitor run likes a charm regarding the jumper (maybe it should be there before??). The colors is very perfect and the lcd monitor that I used looks like a crap comparing with this monitor color. I would post some picture soon because the color is amazing beautiful.
            Last edited by senz_90; 12-18-2013, 10:43 AM.

Best Regards
            Rudi
            Thank You

Comment

A full schematic of the circuit that switches power to the TDA9102 might help. That B649 transistor is supposed to switch power to the TDA9102. If you find exactly what is connected to the base and collector of the other transistor, you can start testing components to see why that circuit isn't working.

What's going on with those film caps (marked 824)? Do you still have the two smaller caps in parallel to replace the bad one?

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
                A full schematic of the circuit that switches power to the TDA9102 might help. That B649 transistor is supposed to switch power to the TDA9102. If you find exactly what is connected to the base and collector of the other transistor, you can start testing components to see why that circuit isn't working.

What's going on with those film caps (marked 824)? Do you still have the two smaller caps in parallel to replace the bad one?
                I am think same this B649A supposed to switch the power for TDA9102 but it has checks B649A good, yes, i have checks all the transistor connected to B649A. Iam also checks all resistor and diode off circuit but nothing were defect. This monitor looks like doesn't have any schematic anymore. I couldn't find it on googling.

the caps 824J is still there and no problem. I try to touch it and getting not too hot. I don't replace it with two 474J paralled. My question is Mosfet looks like very hot. It looks like I have to find another replacemnet. Lower Rds would be a pain on mosfet replacement?

Best Regards
                Rudi
                Thank You

Comment

Lower Rds = better. Try to match Qg (gate charge) also.
                  Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                  A working TV? How boring!

Comment

this is likely too late to post the picture but New year and Christmas is a busy time

so here it is
                    Attached Files

Best Regards
                    Rudi
                    Thank You

Comment

Working...
                    X