Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung Samtron 74V backlight is always on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Samtron 74V backlight is always on.

Dear Brothers,

This is another monitor Samsung Samtron 74V it came in with two capacitors bad, the capacitors has been replaced but the problem now is that the backlight is always on when I power off from the panel, unless I put it off from the mains before the screen goes off.

Tama

Re: Samsung Samtron 74V backlight is always on.

Originally posted by tama4tama View Post
    Dear Brothers,

This is another monitor Samsung Samtron 74V it came in with two capacitors bad, the capacitors has been replaced but the problem now is that the backlight is always on when I power off from the panel, unless I put it off from the mains before the screen goes off.

Tama
    Check your work. It is most likely a bit of solder shorted to another path when you replaced the capacitors.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

This morning, when put on the monitor it flash with back lights on and went off.

I have checked the solder which I did but all look good.

Comment

Sounds like possibly "2 Seconds to Black"

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

Most on the forums here recommend replacing all of the capacitors on the power supply board (with exception of the large capacitor). If two of them were showing signs of failure, some of the others may be failed and not showing it, or on their way to failing.

Comment

Thanks for your help; I will try to replaces all the capacitors as you said and let you know the out come of.

Tama
          Attached Files

Comment

Bad capacitors is just one of several causes of "2 Seconds to Black." Others include bad ccfl's and / or wiring to them, bad transformers, etc. They are listed in detail in the link from my last post. Make sure you are replacing the capacitors with good quality low ESR capacitors, anything else will either not work or fail quickly. A list of good quality low ESR capacitors can be found in the following link:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2280

Comment

Working...
            X