Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway fpd1975w

Retired --
    I checked the N Channel Mosfet and it tested good. I also checked the output on the KIA 7812A Bipolar Linear IC the output should have been 12v and it was. The input however is supposed to be two volts higher from what I understand and it also read 12v.

Since those two checked out ok, what other things should I check as a reason why the 5volt pin is showing 1.9v.

As always I appreciate your help and have on me.
    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Put in the new fuse and see if the 5V line is 5V or not.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Because it was a rectangle instead of round had to order a couple. Will get back as soon as they arrive, should be today.
        Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Hello I also have a gateway fpd1975w had it for many years but now I'm getting the blinking blue light. I've notice some of the pics are different then mine. It looks like I only need to replace 7 of them but I don't know the diam. of them, I'm not good with mm. Are those 7 all I need? The caps on the other board next to this one looks alright.

The caps on the board are Su'scon
          2x 47uf 25v 0641(M)
          1x 150uf 35v 0641(M)
          1x 220uf 35v 0637(M)
          1x 470uf 25v 0641(M)
          1x 680uf 25v 0639(M)
          1x 1000uf 10v 0641(M)
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi - welcome to the forum.
            I can only see 7 caps excluding the BIG one which is probably ok unless you can see any bulging or leakage. Replace all 7 with Panasonic FC FM or FR Diameter doesnt look a big problem on this board but you should get them the same height. You will have to measure them - wont matter to a mm. See digikey site to help you choose. It is unlikely that a local electronics shop will stock suitable caps. There is no guarantee that this will mend your set but its a good first step. Some of the caps on the other board may need replacing even though they look ok.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Is there any parts that I shouldn't touch cause of high voltage? There are a few places that says danger on the board. Also when ordering from Digikey, if there are two of the same caps comes up in my search will the difference in mOhm matter?
              Last edited by Kriin; 04-21-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kriin View Post
                Is there any parts that I shouldn't touch cause of high voltage? There are a few places that says danger on the board.
                Most modern lcd power boards have a bleeder resistor that discharges the large filter capacitor in a matter of a couple of minutes. If you want to be absolutely sure, unplug everything, wait 10 minutes and then measure the DC voltage across the large capacitor with a multimeter. It should read 0.0V DC.
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by Kriin View Post
                  Also when ordering from Digikey, if there are two of the same caps comes up in my search will the difference in mOhm matter?
                  If you mean where is says esr or impedance no, not if you order
                  Panasonics FC ,FM,FR series
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
                  X