Windows 10 loaded itself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 10 loaded itself?

win10 is now upgrading automatically. it schedules the upgrade and unless you cancel it, it will install. https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
      win10 is now upgrading automatically. it schedules the upgrade and unless you cancel it, it will install. https://www.grc.com/never10.htm
      Well gee, isn't that nice of them....bastards. M$ understood how difficult it was to kill off XP, so I guess they figure if they can force something unto the unsuspecting person without their consent, it'll save them the aggravation and frustration of killing off W7.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

btw, i read that m$ is folding it's phone division.
        not surprising, the only people i know with a windows-phone only use them offline as a high-res camera.

too bad it will probably be the end of nokia.
        they should have gone android asap and not messed around with other o.s.'s so much like winCE and Symbian7

http://bgr.com/2016/05/25/microsoft-2016-nokia-layoffs/
        Last edited by stj; 05-28-2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Even if there were no more Nokia phones, Nokia is rather large/the largest when it comes to telecom networking, this certainly isn't the end of them.

Comment

i thought that was ericsson

Nokia already lost it's set-top box division after creating the first and best sat receivers for the time.
            (DBOX / 9500, 9600, DBOX2)

it's a shrinking company making the best and then being destroyed by flawed buyouts and takeovers!

having foxcon put "nokia" on products to charge a premium will only make things worse.
            it's no better than buying a vestel wih a toshiba badge!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
              ^^There, fixed that for you
              But why? XP was fast, bug free, compatible with both NT and 9X applications, and nice looking without being bloated.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                btw, i read that m$ is folding it's phone division.
                not surprising, the only people i know with a windows-phone only use them offline as a high-res camera.

too bad it will probably be the end of nokia.
                they should have gone android asap and not messed around with other o.s.'s so much like winCE and Symbian7

http://bgr.com/2016/05/25/microsoft-2016-nokia-layoffs/
                Good! Had a nokia 5610 when they came out and loved that phone. Was some symbian update and it was glitched only to never be fixed. I loved that phone till it became a brick. My 6010 dumb phone still works great though.

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
                  But why? XP was fast, bug free, compatible with both NT and 9X applications, and nice looking without being bloated.
                  XP can not properly handle high resolutions. and XP 64-bit was a disaster.

Comment

orly....ran 2560x1600 without issues. Fonts & scaling were no problem. anyone here running anything higher? I had no problems with XP64 either. What was so disastrous about it? XP64 (S2K3) was 100% stable, well supported by hardware makers, and was compatible with everything I encountered that was written for x86. I ran it for many years, no gripes about it at all.
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

I am very happy with 1024x768 screen resolution. And no problems with XP x64 either. Must be something wrong with the water out in Commiefornia.

Comment

I couldn't get my xp pro 64/05 servers to install on this pc first try and was in a rush so went to 7p. Before xp pro 32 was stable as all get out. 1920x1080 highest i ran on it. Steaming 1080 would slow that old pc to a crawl though so stayed with 720 and didn't have the ram to need 64.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
                          I am very happy with 1024x768 screen resolution. And no problems with XP x64 either. Must be something wrong with the water out in Commiefornia.
                          you cant even browse ebay with 1024x768... i'm too busy running over smart cars to care that you like shitty screen resolutions

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                          orly....ran 2560x1600 without issues. Fonts & scaling were no problem. anyone here running anything higher? I had no problems with XP64 either. What was so disastrous about it? XP64 (S2K3) was 100% stable, well supported by hardware makers, and was compatible with everything I encountered that was written for x86. I ran it for many years, no gripes about it at all.
                          server 2003 and xp64 can not be compared. software incompatibility on desktops with xp seem to be major issue.
                          Last edited by shovenose; 05-28-2016, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Yesterday, I visited a client who experienced the same problem (and this problem also happened to her neigbours).
                            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

server 2003 and xp64 can not be compared. software incompatibility on desktops with xp seem to be major issue.
                              S2K3 and XP64 are the same platform & kernel, much like S2K8_R2 and Win7... Very comparable, they even use the same service packs....

WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB914961-SP2-x64-ENU.exe
                              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                              Team Stats

Comment

you cant even browse ebay with 1024x768... i'm too busy running over smart cars to care that you like shitty screen resolutions

FYI I can read and "browse" Ebay just fine with 1024x768 resolution and it is not shitty.

Comment

Some ads on ebay crashes my monitor when i click.

Comment

What do you mean by your monitor crashes?
                                    Last edited by shovenose; 05-29-2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Don't click on them then. Proper eBay ads are at [ebay site]/itm/[random number] anyway.

Comment

i dont see adds on ebay - i must be blocking them.
                                        or your browser / connection is being hijacked - some isp's have been caught doing that. (code injection)

Comment

Originally posted by whiz62 View Post
                                          Gonna have to stick with W7.
                                          Fixed
                                          Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
                                          RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                                          Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
                                          - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
                                          - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
                                          - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
                                          - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X