Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SM 205BW DVI trouble

Hi guys,

I got a Samsung SyncMaster 205BW from a friend which did not turn on anymore. I recapped it completely and now it goes on and off like a charm again.

There is one more issue left and accordingly to my friend they were there already before it completely failed. If the screen is hooked up to DVI it works but randomly the image goes off and on again while the screen itself stays on. Everything else is fine with this screen.

Does anybody has any ideas? Someone who heared about this issue already? Couldnt find anything usefull at Google.

Re: Samsung SM 205BW DVI trouble

1) Doublecheck your soldering.

2) Clean and reseat every internal connector whether you touched it or not.

3) Has your friend tried another DVI cable or video card?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

This could be a HDCP sync issue, which can occur with some monitors. If you don't mind about HDCP, turn it off in your graphics card control panel.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

1) I already did that. And as the problems happened before I even touched this screen I doubt that this is about my soldering. Besides that... I double checked my soldering before I put everything together again.

2) Same as above.

3) As I used a complete different DVI cable as he did, I would doubt that its about the cable. Also because the cable I use is working like a charm with other screens before.

I think its something about the logical board. But I am not so keen about error finding on my own at this.

@tom66:
        I would like to test that but I couldnt find an option for this in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. Do you know how to do it there?
        Last edited by Blocki; 08-08-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blocki View Post
          @tom66:
          I would like to test that but I couldnt find an option for this in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. Do you know how to do it there?
          No idea... only have one graphics card, an Nvidia card, and that was a freebie. It might have a page for "HDMI" or "encryption".
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
          X