Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replaced 2 buldging caps on a dead monitor, now flickering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced 2 buldging caps on a dead monitor, now flickering?

The monitor is a DGM 24" monitor.

It were completely dead, so I took a look inside and replaced 2 bulging caps (16v 1000uf). I replaced them with the same rating and Panasonic low ESR caps.

It works and turns on, but now there is a flickering across the screen. The picture is there from the VGA port and it looks clear if it wasn't for the lines.

The whole picture jumps up and down slightly too.

I checked the cables etc and everything is in place.

Have I missed some caps?

Re: Replaced 2 buldging caps on a dead monitor, now flickering?

I tested a capacitor that was a 35v 1000uf and it would only get a reading if I reversed the polarity?

Comment

Problem solved!

Tested all the other caps and found no problems, so resoldered them, and removed some old adhesive glue crap. And now the monitor works without problems!

Comment

^ got to love leakage voltage
        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
        X