Dell 1905FP Control Buttons Not Wokring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 1905FP Control Buttons Not Wokring

I want to say first, thank you to this site and all it's members for the wealth of free and shared information. I am brand new to this site and new to electronics. I found a Dell 1905fp monitor at the junkyard, it looked good so I took it home. I found it would not turn on at all. I did an internet search found this site and replaced (3) 1000uf 10volt caps that looked bad that I ordered from digikey (they were awesome, received my order in 2 days). Put the monitor back together and when I plugged it in the screen turned right on, the analog test box floats around the screen and the monitor will show a display when hooked up to a analog signal but not through the DVI. My main issue is that the Control buttons do not work and the power led does not light up. I have checked all connections and everything looks good. Could other caps be responsible for this, or is it most likely the control button panel. Thanks to all.

Re: Dell 1905FP Control Buttons Not Wokring

Originally posted by electronicnub View Post
    I want to say first, thank you to this site and all it's members for the wealth of free and shared information. I am brand new to this site and new to electronics. I found a Dell 1905fp monitor at the junkyard, it looked good so I took it home. I found it would not turn on at all. I did an internet search found this site and replaced (3) 1000uf 10volt caps that looked bad that I ordered from digikey (they were awesome, received my order in 2 days). Put the monitor back together and when I plugged it in the screen turned right on, the analog test box floats around the screen and the monitor will show a display when hooked up to a analog signal but not through the DVI. My main issue is that the Control buttons do not work and the power led does not light up. I have checked all connections and everything looks good. Could other caps be responsible for this, or is it most likely the control button panel. Thanks to all.
    Probably not caps, but the control button panel or the cable connecting it to the signal card.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
    X