Samsung UN50H6201AFXZA - Has backlight but no pic or OSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN50H6201AFXZA - Has backlight but no pic or OSD

First off I don't have a scope unfortunately..

No obvious problems on t-con.. So I ordered a new main and t-con board thinking it was one of them.. When removing the main board I saw it seemed like the main CPU had heated up pretty good and the board underneath had signs of excess heat..

But same problem with new parts.. I'm thinking now it's the panel unless I happened to get another bad part..

Anyone familiar with this set? When I first put the new main board in, it seemed like the main CPU got pretty warm right away..
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN50H6201AFXZA - Has backlight but no pic or OSD

That chip has a heat sink because it does get very hot. This is normal and happens on all sets. It seems like you are able to get 12 volts to the T-con board since the blue led's on the T-con seem to light up. You possibly have a bad panel and or bad T-con. Have you tried disconnecting the ribbons one at a time between the T-con and panel, and see if half of the screen starts to work? If not, I would highly suggest doing so. If half the screen starts working then you have a bad panel.

Comment

Good call! Disconnecting the one side shown and the other half of screen displays normally. Anything that it can possibly be on this tab bond board, or is it toast inside the panel?
      Attached Files

Comment

From my experience it is due to a shorted IC within the ribbons between the screen and the buffer boards. Nothing I know how to fix without replacing the screen.

Comment

check all capacitor and all other parts on panel pcb for short circuit.

Regards.

Comment

No obvious shorts on any components, but there is a 15V line and 3V line coming from T-Con to each side of the panel, on the bad side, the 3V is fine, the 15V gets pulled down to about 1.1V when connected to the panel.

Comment

Now that sux. Shorted driver ic on the panel / ribbon.

Comment

See if any of the ceramic caps on the driver board are short.
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I did, didn't find any..

Comment

@kevinm34232 I know this is an old thread - but any chance you figured out anything with this? I have the same TV with the same symptoms, replaced the boards with no change but if I disconnect one of the ribbons I do get half the picture (other half white), tried swapping out the ribbon cables and the other side still doesn't work

Comment

Read and perform the tests as above. Check for shorted components on panel pcb board. If no problem then you have bad panel.
                      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Maybe worth trying some freeze spary on the faulty side of the panel pcb it may show what part is short circuit if its getting hot.

Comment

Do you have a external power supply to put 15V and limit the current too then you can see if some cap goes hot.

Comment

I'm having the same problem as kevinm34232 with my UN50H6201AFXZA. Is it possible to replace the buffer board to fix this?
                            Or this is a problem with the panel and not repairable?

Comment

the panel driver board is attached to the ribbon cables which attaches to the panel and the cof chip is embedded about half way along this ribbon cable. all of these parts are not changeable. your only chance is if you have a component on the driver board that is shorting the bad side out.
                              WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

the thread is old BUT if you have checked for shorted smd components on the driver boards at the bottom and didn't find any, then it is possibly a problem with one of the tabs. Look at them closely for "heating issues". Further, since the start of this thread, people have found some ways around issues with these types of sets by using a "tape cutoff" method by placing small piece of tape on the tcon to panel connector / cable and / or removing tabs on the side of the set (the "bad side") depending on how the set is designed (some sets have side tabs, others don't). check the side if there are side tabs (note you can only see them from the front of the set with the bezel removed). IF you post a picture of the display with the "half picture" (ie. one cable disconnected), the forum may be able to give further guidance.

Comment

Hi guys sorry to hijack this thread but I have a similar problem with my UE49K6300 Samsung Curve.

Replaced T-con and Mainboard still no video but has audio
                                  All voltages are present and within spec

Thing is I have disconnected both sides of the ribbons attached to tcon board an panel one by one and no display on either side.

Now does this mean my panel is completely faulty (dead) or is it an IC problem on the buffer boards (IF THATS WHAT THERE CALLED).

This problem occurred only recently when the tv tripped my RCD one day, was working fine before hand. On closer inspection of plug socket it was apparent there was a problem with socket which electrician had to repair.

My question is could this have blown something on the panel side hence why TV tripped thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                  X