This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

i use linux, it has a huge keystring buffer.

different windows versions probably have differing maximum line length for command lines.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      using that method seems to work tried both of your files the strip grid does nothing really just lights the screen with some odd blocks now the first file seems to work says battery ok then testing then timeout! then goes off
      so not strip-grid.
      o.. i'll build a better file later.

dies it give the battery voltage on the display?
      if it does, hook a voltmeter to the battery wires, and give me both voltages - read at the same moment.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        so not strip-grid.
        o.. i'll build a better file later.

dies it give the battery voltage on the display?
        if it does, hook a voltmeter to the battery wires, and give me both voltages - read at the same moment.
        battery voltage on display reads 8.7v tested with mm 8.7v so thats ok i have enclosed a picure of what the screen shows when its just aboout too turn off .
        Attached Files

Comment

strange, i wonder if it thinks the display has more lines - never seen a timeout text before.

Comment

strange, i wonder if it thinks the display has more lines - never seen a timeout text before.
            i think it does think that so may have 2 issues the timeout one where tester goes off and display issue heres two more pictures ive managed to take
            Attached Files

Comment

no, i found out that "timeout" is a watchdog warning.
              it means the cpu crashed or went off doing something it shouldnt.

try this.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks stj that file works great ive just calibrated it and will test some parts asap but for now it seems to work ok thanks again stj for your help with my tester ive learnt a lot ie using avrdude etc and gained more experience in smd soldering as that surface mount atmega ic was so small and having too add the capacitors and crystal took some patience.

Comment

next is add a rotary encoder

Comment

Hi,

I have just read through 33 pages of messages and kudos to everyone involved for working through the coding, testing and updates!

I am wondering if any of the firmware bundles will work with my board - it's marked as EZM Electronics Studio M328_9V_V3.3 2014.10.22. I have tried a couple of other firmware variants with mixed success:

GM328_EZM_v1.12k_r541: Board is hard to turn on. Seems to perform most tests OK but often incorrectly identifies small signal transistors as JFETs

mega328_GM328 from current trunk at the same repo: Board turns on, but ditto with the small signal transistors.

My board does not have a rotary encoder, and it's currently fitted with an 8MHz crystal. Is there a pre-packed firmware I could try, or source code I could modify to revert to no rotary encoder? Happy to change the crystal.

Thanks.

Comment

I have just read through 33 pages of messages and kudos to everyone involved for working through the coding, testing and updates!

I am wondering if any of the firmware bundles will work with my board - it's marked as EZM Electronics Studio M328_9V_V3.3 2014.10.22. I have tried a couple of other firmware variants with mixed success:

GM328_EZM_v1.12k_r541: Board is hard to turn on. Seems to perform most tests OK but often incorrectly identifies small signal transistors as JFETs

mega328_GM328 from current trunk at the same repo: Board turns on, but ditto with the small signal transistors.

My board does not have a rotary encoder, and it's currently fitted with an 8MHz crystal. Is there a pre-packed firmware I could try, or source code I could modify to revert to no rotary encoder? Happy to change the crystal.

Thanks.
                      Edit removed the old link as stj said had a minor bug so use the one in below post

is this the one you have?
                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM328-transi...-/171467739124
                      Last edited by Per Hansson; 08-21-2016, 01:24 AM. Reason: Added quote tags

Comment

it should work on that one.
                        also, the newer ones i'm doing dont need an encoder.

*but* the one linked above has a frequency generator bug - use this one.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by stj; 08-11-2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Yes, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by linker3000 View Post
                            Yes, that's it.
                            did you try the firmware stj posted above?

Comment

did you try the firmware stj posted above?
                              Just tried it.. the board starts up, the LED display goes solid black with the top shimmering and then after about 2 secs it shuts down.

That was with the files from GM328x ESR tester (SVN684) - v2.zip\GM328x ESR tester (SVN684) - v2\original 8MHz\

Comment

im sure stj will have some ideas on what firmware may work
                                Last edited by vinceroger69; 08-12-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

i would like to know how it was programmed first.

a lot of the recent problems with several different people came down to not programming the chip correctly.

Comment

im sure stj will have some ideas on what firmware may work
                                    I've just had a quick look at the board at that link and mine does not have RV1 fitted.

Comment

i would like to know how it was programmed first.

a lot of the recent problems with several different people came down to not programming the chip correctly.
                                      USBASP Windows 10 with avrdude -c USBasp -p m328p -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex \-U eeprom:w:TransistorTester.eep \-U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0xfc:m

328P's fitted into an Uno.

I have just flashed the target chip with Blink through the Arduino IDE/USBASP as a test and the LEDs blinking away.

Comment

is this the one
                                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GM328-Tran...1%26rkt%3D1%26
                                        which firmware version have you found that works? did you re calibrate the tester after installing the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by linker3000 View Post
                                          USBASP Windows 10 with avrdude -c USBasp -p m328p -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex \-U eeprom:w:TransistorTester.eep \-U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0xfc:m

328P's fitted into an Uno.

I have just flashed the target chip with Blink through the Arduino IDE/USBASP as a test and the LEDs blinking away.
                                          can you copy & paste the screen output when you ran avrdude.

the pot is surplus btw, it's just rfom when they sold the lower pcb with a character display.
                                          it's the manual contrast setting.

Comment

Working...
                                          X