Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone an expert on mobile LCD displays themselves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone an expert on mobile LCD displays themselves?

Reason I ask is, I've noticed with water damaged iPhone 6 screens if the pins on the connectors of the screen itself have corroded and you fix them with cleaning and fresh solder or jumper wires 8 out of 10 times the screen will function fine.

However, the 6s screens seem to be SUPER sensitive. Any water damage to the phone even if it has no impact on the connectors of the screen itself or logic board around the connectors then only 1 every 10 will work again. The rest simply don't display an image ever again.

Only difference from the 6 and 6s screens is the 6s has touch ic/circuit part of the screen assembly itself where as the 6 has it on the logic board.

Both get the LCD controls and voltages from the logic boards. The 6s has a line called "LCM_Panic" on the logic board that the 6 does not (unless it was renamed something else that's not easily discernible) however not sure if this line has anything to do with the issue I've been seeing.

I'm trying to figure out why that is but of course there isn't any reference/schematics anywhere on the screens themselves.

Curious if anyone might have any insight and any clues to a work around.

Re: Anyone an expert on mobile LCD displays themselves?

does the touch controller have underfill?
    maybe there is contamination or corrosion under the chip between the balls!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      does the touch controller have underfill?
      maybe there is contamination or corrosion under the chip between the balls!
      No it doesn't. There are 3 ic chips on the LCD assembly and there is no part numbers on them. Under a microscope the tops almost look like purposely cut off to hide the type of chips they are.

Anyway on a good working display I removed all 3 one by one to see if maybe a bad one caused no display but to my surprise with all 3 removed the phone still had perfect display just lacked touch function

Comment

ah, but you didnt short the signals!

Comment

As far as I rememeber ,there was a video that showed how IP6 LCD can be converted into IP6S LCD by changing flat cable(s),downloading a new software and adding a new backlight.So, LCD itself could be probably the same

Comment

Working...
          X