nforce 790i post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nforce 790i post

Does this mother board require memory to do a post . I have one with no memory it powers up the fans but there no display and no beep code .

Re: nforce 790i post

Typically no, but the diagnostic speaker might have reverse polarity, also unplug everything else except video cable and power and try turning it on. I had an HP recently do that when I had my keyboard going through a KVM plugged in, it wouldn't post. Try that first then do a different video card and PSU. If it doesn't post, it could be bad caps or chipset needs to be reflowed.

Comment

how do I reflow the chipset ?

Comment

if you don't know that memory is required to post, you probably don't have the skill to do a reflow
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Of course you need to have memory in it!

Comment

It will not post without memory but it should give beep tones if it has a speaker on the motherboard or attached, (It may also do this via the audio out jack of the sound port if it has one). You would get much better help if you said what Brand and model the board was. Ignore the reflow comment its way beyond where you are at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
              It will not post without memory but it should give beep tones if it has a speaker on the motherboard or attached, (It may also do this via the audio out jack of the sound port if it has one). You would get much better help if you said what Brand and model the board was. Ignore the reflow comment its way beyond where you are at this point.
              When I saw his replied I just moved on, obviously he did not try my suggestions first.

Usually I remove ram to force it to beep at me, just so I know the board is somewhat working.

Comment

sorry I must be in the wrong forum . I thought that this was one to provide help not insults .

Comment

Working...
                X