• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSI-7207 (K8NGM2-L) version 1.0

Off To buy a soldering station.

Comment

I finally have fixed one of my MS-7207 motherboards. I first replaced the 5 caps by the cpu. Mine were the KZG series. After I replaced them , I checked with cap meter and blue esr meter. All checked good, but board still booted every other time. So I ended up replacing all the caps with panny's (that weren't already panny's. Still booted every other time. I had tried 2 pci-e video cards , but could never get them to be recognized. I even bought the one emachines recommended. So I bought a hot air reflow station on ebay (Kendall 852d+ for $86) and reflowed the video chip. Same results. So I reflowed the North Bridge and it worked. I did this yesterday and it is working like it should. Before if I went into bios and hit save and exit, it would not do anything. Stuck right there. Had to power down with button and restart twice to get it back up. If I hit restart computer after updates or anytime I wanted to restart, it would not reboot. But would the second time. Now it is working correctly. I restarted and started from off 10 times last night with a nice boot every time. I am on it this morning as I am going to use it today to keep it in check. I will restart and shutdown several times today. I have the same board on another emachine doing the exact same thing, so after a couple days of using this one, then I will only do a reflow of the northbridge to see if that is all the other board needs. I have done nothing to the other board yet as I figured I wanted to find the problem with one first. So , anyway, before you give up on these boards , try to reflow the northbridge if it has boot problems. I always thought something was wrong with video.

Comment

I let it run all day yesterday with 15 restarts and a couple F2 into bios , which when you hit F10 and saved , it would be froze on the screen. Everything worked great after the northbridge. Will do the 2nd board today (northbridge only unless I see some bad caps orsomething).

Comment

Well, this was the version 2 board. The other was a version 1. Took the board out, saw no physical damge to caps or anything, so I reflowed the NorthBridge. No Joy. Still boot every other time (perfect though). So I replaced 7 G-Luxon caps and tried again. Same thing. Reflowed the video chip and it has booted 25 times today in a row and comes out of bios correctly. So this one was the video and the other was the northbridge. Guess it even could have been both had to be done. Working great, so far though.

Comment

I found this model on ebay. It's around 86 bucks, do you think this is a good unit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMD-Rework-Solde...item4aa8e321f9

Comment

That is the model I bought,, except mine is a Kendall 852d+ that looks exactly like that except mine has red lights. I paid 86.95 with free shipping. I just looked and they don't have anymore of that one, but has an 898d for $99 shipped from NY. Looks to be the newer model. Same attachments as the other.

Comment

Working...
              X