Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic tc-p50s30 su,sc,ss repair help

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
    that's hours goose, otherwise the average view time is 32mins per cycle, unlikely.

Anyway, plenty of life left in it
    http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006

showen in the link above,i used ther service menu and not the regular one.

NOTE: Minutes are also shown in the Service Menu while just the hours are shown in the Display's Menu. You may want to verify the Display's Menu Method (Status4) matches the Service Menu on your model.

there there is also no status 4 in my menu i think because the early firmwire.

this tv is freaking brand spanking new, i won the tv lottery!

cheers,
    bman4
    Last edited by bman4; 08-29-2015, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bman4 View Post
      http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006

showen in the link above,i used ther service menu and not the regular one.

NOTE: Minutes are also shown in the Service Menu while just the hours are shown in the Display's Menu. You may want to verify the Display's Menu Method (Status4) matches the Service Menu on your model.

there there is also no status 4 in my menu i think because the early firmwire.

this tv is freaking brand spanking new, i won the tv lottery!

cheers,
      bman4
      If you went into serv_tool , then it shows hours and min.

format is 00000:00 = hhhhh:mm

"6) Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

Time and Count will be displayed in red color:
      I got Time 00000:48 Count 0000020

__TIME = Hours : Minutes of operation.
      COUNT = Times the Plasma was powered on."

that is from your link which means that Tv has been power cycled 20 times and run for 48 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
        If you went into serv_tool , then it shows hours and min.

format is 00000:00 = hhhhh:mm

"6) Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

Time and Count will be displayed in red color:
        I got Time 00000:48 Count 0000020

__TIME = Hours : Minutes of operation.
        COUNT = Times the Plasma was powered on."

that is from your link which means that Tv has been power cycled 20 times and run for 48 minutes
        i did all the steps from the first link as like below.

actually mine dose show time 03885:40 and count 0001178

Press and hold the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA TV.
        •Then press the {INFO} button on the remote control 3 times.

• "Start Adjustment Menu" message will be displayed followed
        by the Service Menu after few seconds.

•ADJUST {Picture Adjustment}
        •WB-ADJUST {White Balance Adjustment}
        •OPTION {Option Setting}
        •V-SUS {V-SUS Adjustment}
        •AGING
        •SRV-TOOL {Service Tool}

{1} & {2} buttons move through options

• Press the {2} button once to select "SRV-TOOL".

• Then press the {OK} button to access it.

• Using the cursor keys, highlight the right side
        of the last item "PTCT :00.00.00.00.00" :

• Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

• Time and Count will be displayed in red color:
        Last edited by bman4; 08-29-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

so there is 3822 hours on it!

dammit,
          bman4

Comment

That's really low.

I had a 2011 panel like yours (42" 1080p) with 8,500 hours on it - perfect image. I have also had a 25,000 hour Pioneer Kuro 9G panel look perfect, and almost ten 2008 Panasonic panels with hours from 4,000 to 16,000 all looking great.

My dad's 10 year old 50" NEC plasma is starting to show some signs of burn in as he always watches BBC News on it. But that thing has over 50,000 hours on it!
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              That's really low.

I had a 2011 panel like yours (42" 1080p) with 8,500 hours on it - perfect image. I have also had a 25,000 hour Pioneer Kuro 9G panel look perfect, and almost ten 2008 Panasonic panels with hours from 4,000 to 16,000 all looking great.

My dad's 10 year old 50" NEC plasma is starting to show some signs of burn in as he always watches BBC News on it. But that thing has over 50,000 hours on it!
              true, i also had it myself sitting for a year or more before i just fixed it!

thats pretty amazing, i cant belive those are still surviving this long.

even better, i don't want to break it in, i want my brightnes and i want it now!

i coudent stand it at 0-25% and 50% is more then good for me at 5 feet now because i was able to tuck it back another foot.

im prety shure it was just out of the one year warranty when in died!

i think the electrical enginers have it riged to do so by the look of the design, seriously no fans!

the tv was getting hot because i have it in a 10 x10 room so i installed a fan run on adapter and now the panel is cool to the touch and so is the back!

i also have an osilating fan blowing behind it from right near the ac vent providing it with fresh cool air!

i cleaned up every ground hole and torqued each screw as much as possible!

i looked over each ribbon cable and made shure they are seated in as far a posible.

i only have one green blotch on the upp right cornner and it's going away now!

could heat cause this it because seem's to be right on top of the sc and it's seems to be going away quicker now since it's cool.

i also have the panel facing a wall where the sun rises,it dose get up to 20 celcius with everything powered down after a nights sleep and 24 c after a day of use with ac and 30c-31c without!

i havent had it on yet without ac and kida concered but hope the fan helps.

i also hear light can leak trought the back into the panel and noticed today that there is an exposed 1x1 inch of the panel wherer they inject the gas at and also lots of unused screw holes where the panel shines trough itself!

the tv rear is facing the window so i put up a black curtain and no light gets trough now.

im guessing the tv died in the first place because of heat becauase it was just the top buffer ic that went.

forgot i unpluged my osilating fan for a bit and the tv was so dam hot after turning it up from 0 to only 50 % that i was getting concerned.

i hopeing with the combantion of the fan and 50% load will make the insides last a hell of alot longer because i watch it all day every day most of the time.

sorry for the novel, i've now typed so much my hands are cramping.

sincerely,
              bman4
              Last edited by bman4; 08-31-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

the green blob is 90 % gone now, barely noticble on a white screen !

the green blob is in the top righ cornner of the pannel right where the sc is located, it is hot compared to cool to the toch like the rest of the panel.

im guessing this is cause by heat and not a panel defect.

the fan helps the rest of the tv but its still really hot where the green blob is so i turned it down to zero to see if i can get it cool to the touch like the rest of the panel.

if this make's the blob go away 100% ill try installing a second fan on top of the sc and if that dont do the job next will be some heat sinks!

sincerely,
                bman4

Comment

hello bad caps, long time no see, i got a update!
                  i got rid of the green blob by making sure i was in under scan and not in over scan.

i originally stretched it and configured my own scaling in the graphics drivers to make it fit.

when i was playing advance war fare on ps3 in hard core mode for no hud so it dosn't burn in and it made it actually go away quicker.

i found a glitch in the tv where if it's not aligning and is to the right i just click on sd card and it goes into a tv gui that properly fit's the tv,then i just hit exit and it fit's the whole screen properly,some times i have to do it twice.

i also updated the firmware and the problem still persist!

as of now i put on this many hours in one month and it's still running strong!

it's sitting off now to preserve it and save hydro, only use it on for event's
                  for daily use i have a dell 21 inch st20010f that i picked up for 5 bucks.

i found it had back light wire that was melting, soldered a new wire,like new!

TIME = Hours : Minutes of operation.
                  COUNT = Times the Plasma was powered on.

8/30/2015
                  time 03882:40
                  count 0001178

9/30/2015
                  time 04250:40
                  count 0001332

i now moved on to trying to fix my old buffer board.

i ended up lifting 1 and a half pads that seem to lead no where on the pcb.
                  on the pcb there is no traces and i think that's why they lifted so easily.

pretty good for my first time and if anything the experience was worth it.

i used a needle to try and find the trace and see if it led to ground or the panel connector and it didn't.

so im keeping my finger crossed and im going to order a new chip and see what happens.

for the hell of it im going to upload some pics and get your opinion of the traces because it seems as if there is none for these.

i would be nice if i could get a schematic of the chip to see what these pins are,ill take a look online.

if anything it will only be one pin and ill try to fill it with solder!

bman4
                  Attached Files

Comment

i just got the buffer ic's in and after some stressful soldering i got all pins aligned.

these ribbons are so hard to get in and out that i though they where arc welded.

after firing it up it took a second then i seen the no signal and then hit the input to see the input logo was on in the top, at this point i knew the ic was working.

now i need to get that thermal silicone but was wondering opnion on if i just use another adhesive such as all purpose original gorilla glue.

Ive used this glue on other pcb's and it peels off anything really easy.

this is half like an epoxy but it has air bubble's and breaks away like the yellow spay foam.

so in the end if you end up lifting a pad and it has no traces going to it or wire holding it there is a good chance you can still repair you buffers.

thanks bad caps,
                    sincerely,
                    bman4

Comment

First time poster here...I just want to thank all of you, especially tw2006 and tom66, for the amazing advice and expertise on this thread and others. Your comments really helped me tremendously. Last week, someone in my condo complex threw out a near mint condition Panny TC-P50S30 which I decided to haul back to my apt to see if I can make use of it. It was simply too pretty to let it go to the landfill. It exhibited the dreaded 14 blinking red lights and after googling the problem, I luckily stumbled onto badcaps.net and this forum. I followed your diagnostic and troubleshooting suggestions to the letter and discovered that the issue was 4 shorted IGBTs on the SC board. The TV had the telltale black scorch marks of arcing on the grounding screw holes. I ordered the $20 repair kit from ShopJimmy and soldered in the replacement IGBTs and secured the SC board using the locking screws included in the kit. The TV works perfectly now and is one the best dumpster rescues I have ever done! You guys rock!

Comment

Now you have to watch Craigslist for the same tvs. Order a bunch of the ibgt's, and make some cash. You can also post a repair service for $$$$$$.

Comment

Working...
                        X