Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster F2080 on for 5 sec

Hi,

I have a Samsung Syncmaster F2080 monitor that powers on for about 5 seconds and then shuts off. I have replaced all the capacitors on the power supply board...at least all the "can" caps, and it still does the exact same thing. I used Nichicon caps for all of them. None of the ceramic disk caps look burnt (like I had on a Vizio LP2626 recently).

Does anyone have an familiarity with this monitor/board? It still seems like a capacitor problem, to my minimally-knowing brain. Can the disk caps be bad without being burnt? Pics are attached.

I'm more than happy to do some diagnosing, I could just use some help.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Syncmaster F2080 on for 5 sec

sounds like 2 seconds to black:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

Possible causes include bad capacitors, bad ccfl's, bad ccfl wiring, shorted transistors, bad transformer, among others.

Comment

Thanks. I missed that thread. I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by cammac725 View Post
        Thanks. I missed that thread. I'll check it out.
        Start with posts #19 and #20 for the latest revision.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
        X